I saw this mentioned in another thread. The search thingy hasn’t been working so IDK if this has been discussed before.
It looks pretty cool and I see a few from here have played it. Any impressions from those that have?
I have played it.
WAY too much going on to be fun, and there are too many situations/rules that get ridiculously confusing if not stupid and take away from the game.
1. German sub attacks your convoy zone. He can move 3 spaces into that zone because it’s an economic attack (wtf?).
2. You want to kill the submarine, so you send a fleet of 100 ships to blow it up, but they can only move 2 to get there because it’s a regular attack.
3. Even though you have 100 ships, you only get one chance to roll one dice to score a maximum of 4 or less on a D12 to defeat the sub. You hit this time!
4. You failed to realize the germans had a naval leader there as well, and said leader can force a reroll regarding the sub. You miss, and your leader can’t call for a reroll because the germans already have.
5. You toss over the gametable in disgust.
It would make a fun port to PC as a video game though, where all the sht gets taken care of.
Yep alot of fiddy rules in that one. I bought the first official map and pieces, and sold it since. I can’t recommend it.
Thanks for the replies. It does seem rule heavy. Actually I still haven’t finished reading all of them although I’m close. : )