• So your saying that I don’t buy planes until Russia is out of the war.

• Planes are only bought when you have sufficient infantry to replenish losses. Planes cannot hold territory by themselves. Concentrate infantry and get those troops moving to front. You can buy planes later and get the planes to front quicker to catch up to infantry you set in motion the first few turns. Buying planes to fight Russia is not cost effective at all.

• Let me try this one more time. Your saying to buy fighters when I don’t need to buy so much infantry to replenish them.

• Buy fighters once you have sufficient infantry to hold territory and take casualties. I buy no fighters in the first 4 turns when I play centrals

• Does anyone use an all out French attack?

• The French have to slug out on the western front. The French will take losses. The UK should be landing troops to reinforce the French offensive. The UK can then absorb casualties for any German counter attack on the western front.

• Okay Muscleape, I get what you mean. :wink:

When you go all out France then that’s makes Russian stronger and probably Ottomans since it’s drawing the British attention away from the Middle East.

• Russia will fall between turns 5 - 9 depending on many factors. The UK must gut the Ottoman Empire. All India builds the first 6 turns or so. It will vary based on game to game situation. This leaves the French pretty much alone on the western front. The UK can land reinforcements from England and Canada using French transports. Assuming UK lost her transports to the German navy.

If ottomans are not dealt with early they will fester like gangrene. They will seep into Africa and increasing income. I have seen games where ottomans were at 40 ipcs. This happened because UK was building in London the first few turns instead of India.

• I think what Briton needs to do in the western front is build a small navy (it’s mostly transports and the warships are for making sure the transports don’t get sunk if there’s any german ships) and this is not the first few rounds. All they need to do is shuck some troops to France and the french can help you out. But when they can start building more transports and troops in London is when Constantinople is soon to fall or sooner then that.

• Keep in mind every time you buy transports for UK in round 1 or 2, it means less boots on the ground. It’s a trade off. I think it’s better to use French transports for moving UK troops to western front. Granted, using the French transports is slower.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m