• Hello everyone, I’m new here and I want to share my Austria-Hungary strat. I would like to see your own strats and opinion on mine.

With 26 ipc buy 4 inf, 2 art, 1 fighter.
    Movement
    Move 6 inf, 2 art, from Budapest and 1 art, from Trieste to Serbia.
    Move 6 inf, 1 art, from Trieste to Albania.
    Move 6 inf, from Budapest and 6 inf, 2 art, from Galicia to Romania.
    Move all forces of Tyrolia to Trieste and 6 inf, from Bohemia to Tyrolia.
    Move all forces of Vienna and 2 art, from Bohemia to Galicia
    Over all the summary is that taking the Balkans first is like knocking one thing after the other. I see that Albania could be a real pain
    since that allies could really fortify it and use it for an advantage. Then I would focus on Russia in the mean time I would let Italy go offense then go after it. So it mostly goes Balkans first, Russia second, and Italy for last, for which one to focus on.

So there you go. Cheers!

• Not a bad strat, however I dont like any plan that dont involve an all-out attack eastwards round1. CP have a real hard time in this game and it is close to impossible if you dont eliminate Russia early (at least against a good player).

• Also to add, their navy shouldn’t attack the Italian navy because it’s a big gamble and can be cleaned up real quick.So I think they should just buy a subs once in a while.When the chance comes then then you should attack.Otherwise, you really don’t got much.

• @Oddbjoern:

Not a bad strat, however I dont like any plan that dont involve an all-out attack eastwards round1. CP have a real hard time in this game and it is close to impossible if you dont eliminate Russia early (at least against a good player).

I agree with this. You’ll need help from Germany and the Ottomans against Russia. Russia in this game isn’t the weak little bear cub that it is in the WWII games. It’s a full-grown grizzly and it will wreck you if you don’t deal with it early.  Also the Italians can be pesky if you leave them alone for too long.  But I like the idea of taking out the free units and IPC the Allies have in that area. I’ll try this next time I play AH.

• I really agree with you guys about Russia, it could be a real pain for AH and OT, the most then Germany.If you don’t take care of Russia.

• Buying Navy as AH is a waste. During the invasion and capture of RUssia which should be done as soon as possible (every turn counts) you should hold against Italy by just buying inf. If you have a surviving force left in Russia after RR it should support south towards India. After RR all new IPC should be invested towards an all-out landbattle in Italy and if you must support Ottomans so it doesent fal against UK.

• The essence for Russia is not to attack (except Messopotamia R1). With Russia you should buy mostly Infantry (like France) and wait tillUS shows up after Round 4. Anything else will help the CPs to crush the Russian bear too early.

As CPs you should always attack first with Germany, followed by AH. This double punch is much more efficient and does not allow the Russians to reinforce a contested area that you want to take really quick.

• 7 infantry, and 1 artillery is probably is the good purchase for Russia because right now I’m thinking does Russia really need air supremacy?

• AH has always been my favorite power to play. They have the most options on the first turn and what they do sets tone for the game. It is fun to see AH on the march with an effective general in charge lol. In real life, the AH military was dismal.

• Yes historically AH, had a lot of problems in it’s empire but even though had many problems it was still rank one of the most powerful states in europe.

• Customizer

@Frederick:

7 infantry, and 1 artillery is probably is the good purchase for Russia because right now I’m thinking does Russia really need air supremacy?

Yes it does. Russia should build a large defensive stack in Belarus containing all its artillery and enough fighters to maintain air supremacy against attacks by either CP. This highlights one inherant advantage of the Allies - the main battles are fought nearer to their production centres, hence its easier for them to build just enough aircraft to sustain the advantage.

I’m beginning to think the game needs a timed political event whereby the 2 main CPs can combine their operations into a single move and attack phase.

To balance, the 3 western European powers can do the same a turn or 2 afterwards (NOT to include Russia or the USA, which considered itself an "“Associated Power” and would not fight under Allied supervision.)

AH was hampered by ethnic units being more sympathetic to the Allies. In toying with POW rules, I’ve considered allowing Russia to form combat units from captured AH pieces. Should some AH pieces be marked as Czech, Serbian, Slovene, Slovak, Romania, Polish, Italian etc?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czechoslovak_Legion

• @Flashman:

@Frederick:

7 infantry, and 1 artillery is probably is the good purchase for Russia because right now I’m thinking does Russia really need air supremacy?

Yes it does. Russia should build a large defensive stack in Belarus containing all its artillery and enough fighters to maintain air supremacy against attacks by either CP. This highlights one inherant advantage of the Allies - the main battles are fought nearer to their production centres, hence its easier for them to build just enough aircraft to sustain the advantage.

I dont really like buying planes with Russia as it is such a big gamble and the axis only need to keep up with Germany. You can even just attack Russia with German planes… For instance if Russia bought 3-4 planes in R1-R3 and Germany 3 planes G1-G2 (starts with 1 planes also), Germany can attack Russia with just its 4 planes and assume a even fight means all planes are gone. Say AH just bought 1 plane, but since Germany cleared the airway its enough for air supremecy in AH5… Russia now also wasted 24 IPC and will have 8 less defensive inf against AH.

• I think the best time for Russia to buy fighters is if the RR is not being used and when they have giant stacks of infantry (mostly in the late game) then they buy artillery and fighters to start giving them fire power to go offense against the CP but this only happens in rare cases where Russia can go offense. Or you should buy fighters and artillery when the CPs go west instead of east (that’s the best thing to see :-D) because you are going to need them to really annoy the CPs!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m