HBG infantry height compared to OOB pieces?

• Hi,

Can I get some opinions on HBG’s infantry sculpts? I’m particularly interested in the Japanese Paratroopers and British Commandos.

How does their height compare to the OOB infantry pieces?  The pictures on HBG’s website make them look pretty tall, but without seeing them side-by-side, it’s hard to tell.

Can anyone offer any insight, or maybe even post a picture (if you’re feeling generous with your time)?  Any advice would be appreciated!  Thanks.

• Also interested in the Russian Early War Infantry (in a running pose).

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@AlphaKappa:

Hi,

Can I get some opinions on HBG’s infantry sculpts? I’m particularly interested in the Japanese Paratroopers and British Commandos.

How does their height compare to the OOB infantry pieces?  The pictures on HBG’s website make them look pretty tall, but without seeing them side-by-side, it’s hard to tell.

Can anyone offer any insight, or maybe even post a picture (if you’re feeling generous with your time)?  Any advice would be appreciated!   Thanks.

AK, go to the first page of my global 1940 set, painted by Sptfire38, on his thread. There is a picture with the Japanese paratroopers, standing in front of the Japanese infantry.

I don’t know how to post links, but it is only a couple of threads down from yours.

I hope that helps! :-)

john

• '16 Customizer

HBG Infantry are virtually the same size. Hopefully this helps?

The Allied paratroopers are slightly shorter than the OOB infantry, but imperceptibly so when looking down on the game board.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Cool, thanks buddy! :-D

• @AlphaKappa:

Can anyone offer any insight, or maybe even post a picture (if you’re feeling generous with your time)?  Any advice would be appreciated!   Thanks.

Note that the OOB infantry sculpts aren’t all the same height; they vary from nation to nation, as you can see from some of the pictures I posted here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=30440.0

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m