7.2 Questons…Things that have come up.

• Couple of questions for anybody to answer that have come up during our game.  Apologize for any repeats.

1.  On the German first turn (Blitz), if Finland was activated on the first impulse, are they allowed to move on the second impulse?….or not until next turn?

2.  The German navy is allowed to move twice on the first German turn through first and second impulse correct?

3.  If Germany takes over Liverpool and downgrades the factory via attack, are they allowed to upgrade the UK factory back up to 10?  Than seems to violate the rule of no new factories outside of Germany and minors.  Is an upgrade considered a new build?

4.  Not sure about pro-allied fleets…do you they have to stay next to home territory?  Is that more of a house rule.

• '14

1. Finland can move

2. Yes

3. The rule only applies to new builds not upgrades.

4. Once the pro-allied is activated the fleet can be moved as normal.

• Thanks Tigerman

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

What’s “normal” for coastal battleships and coastal units?  They just move 1 or 1+1 with Naval Base?

• They must stay in sea zones adjacent to land.

• Most of these I just want to be absolutely clear on.

1.  Can british units sit in a dutch island before dutch capital falls, then when dutch capital falls, the british unit automatically claims the dutch island and can move out?
    2.  Can mechs activate more than 1 minor axis power in 1 movement?
    3.  Can germany attack through hungary into yugo after hungary is activated?
    4.  Does belgium congo count as a strict neutral and therefore cannot be claimed by the UK?(considering belgium falls when the dutch falls)
    5.  I hear that you can strategically bomb aa guns right before a conventional battle for the territory where the aa gun would of been relevant, is that true?
    6.  Can u scramble carrier based aircraft to defend from an SBR?

I’d also like to see answers to GHR2’s questions!

• ghr2, here’s what I would gather from what I know by doing some reading in the rules in .pdf format (version 7.2):

1. Page 28, section 10, B: The Dutch are pro-allied at the very start.  You can move into the territory at any time.  That means you can do this.

2. Page 29, section 11: No, they move 2 to do this.  How could the unit be at 2 places at once?

3. Page 24, section 1, B: No.

4. Reference Map: Belgium is absorbed into the Netherlands in this version.  Same rules apply for that territory as the rest of the Dutch territories.

5. Page 9, Section 5 - Strategic Bombing Runs: Yes.

6. Page 33, Section 4, A: Yes.

Side note: Over 80% of the questions I see posted in this part of the forum are answerable by just reading all of the rules.

• ghr2 no. 2 question is saying can you activate more than 1 axis minor in a turn. Answer is yes. Movement meant for 1 turn or impulse. I believe thats what he meant.

• Aww…. My bad.  Yeah, thanks for the correction SS, that’s what it is.

• @SS:

ghr2 no. 2 question is saying can you activate more than 1 axis minor in a turn. Answer is yes. Movement meant for 1 turn or impulse. I believe thats what he meant.

Basically, my question was: Can a single German mech move into hungary and then romania on the same impulse and activate them both?  Essentially, 1 unit, 1 non-com phase, 2 territories.

• @Ben_D:

ghr2, here’s what I would gather from what I know by doing some reading in the rules in .pdf format (version 7.2):

1. Page 28, section 10, B: The Dutch are pro-allied at the very start.  You can move into the territory at any time.  That means you can do this.

2. Page 29, section 11: No, they move 2 to do this.  How could the unit be at 2 places at once?

3. Page 24, section 1, B: No.

4. Reference Map: Belgium is absorbed into the Netherlands in this version.  Same rules apply for that territory as the rest of the Dutch territories.

5. Page 9, Section 5 - Strategic Bombing Runs: Yes.

6. Page 33, Section 4, A: Yes.

Side note: Over 80% of the questions I see posted in this part of the forum are answerable by just reading all of the rules.

1.  You did not answer my question.

2.  I see it, thanks.

3.  Thanks, that was my original thought.

4.  Thanks, that was never quite specified in the rules.

5.  Ok, but the reference is not clear enough.

6.  Ok, it was not clear in the rules

Reading the rules only does so much.  Most of the time, they either contradict each other, or are very vague in the subject in question.

GHR2 To answer your question #1:

And please… do not be offended by the lunacy of what I’m about to say, but according to the written rules this is how it would work…

• British units can activate Dutch territories until Paris falls/or is attacked, or the Dutch are attacked . (Because DEI starts as pro-allied)

• That means that Britain could activate ALL of the Dutch if they landed in Holland the capital.

• Once Paris falls or the Dutch are attacked, the Dutch become their own power.  That would mean any activated territories, including the Dutch capital, would then be instantly liberated and it would be it’s own power.  Of course… watch out for the fact that if England activates the Dutch capital, there are no longer ‘dutch’ territories to attack, so only Paris would count for this.

• Interestingly enough, should England activate Holland, prior to an axis attack on Paris, I don’t think the Dutch would get their “units”  back based on the game mechanics, but it doesn’t matter because the dutch move at the same time as England, and no one is likely to switch out all the orange pieces on the board for tan ones!

• @Gargantua:

GHR2 To answer your question #1:

And please… do not be offended by the lunacy of what I’m about to say, but according to the written rules this is how it would work…

• British units can activate Dutch territories until Paris falls/or is attacked, or the Dutch are attacked . (Because DEI starts as pro-allied)

• That means that Britain could activate ALL of the Dutch if they landed in Holland the capital.

• Once Paris falls or the Dutch are attacked, the Dutch become their own power.  That would mean any activated territories, including the Dutch capital, would then be instantly liberated and it would be it’s own power.  Of course… watch out for the fact that if England activates the Dutch capital, there are no longer ‘dutch’ territories to attack, so only Paris would count for this.

• Interestingly enough, should England activate Holland, prior to an axis attack on Paris, I don’t think the Dutch would get their “units”  back based on the game mechanics, but it doesn’t matter because the dutch move at the same time as England, and no one is likely to switch out all the orange pieces on the board for tan ones!

Let me restate my question since you guys have a hard time understanding it.

Can the UK/ANZAC player, after Paris falls but before the Dutch capital falls, move units into dutch territories, then, after the Dutch capital falls, the UK/ANZAC units in those territories automatically activate that territory for the UK by virtue of being within it at the start of the turn, and/or move out of that territory on the same turn as the activation?

Yes.  That is exactly how I would interpret it.

• We have been playing A&A since I was young, and we bought/ played every new updated version.
    None of these previous games were as good and interesting as Global War 1939.

We have played several different tactics, however, one is still unclear: The early attack of Germany against Russia.

1. What if Germany uses all its resources to attack Russia only, Japan does the same thing (only attacks Comm China/ Russia/ and Asian France), and Italy joines (because of the German war with Russia) the war against Russia.
      So Germany does not attack Poland or Holland or France.
      Can the UK and France at that moment declare war to Germany?

2. Again, what if Germany uses all its resources to attack Russia only, BUT Japan attacks Dutch territoria and FEC territoria in the Pacific.
      Does this mean that UK and France can declare war to Germany or only to Japan?

3. something completely different. Japan activates Siam, is it allowed to land air-units in Siam the same turn (non combat movement) as the activation?

4. an German Mech Inf from Czechoslovakia activates Hungary and Romania in Turn 1 Blitz turn 1, can this same Mech Inf attack (Blitz turn 2) Yugoslavia through Hungary?

5. in the German Blitz Naval units are allowed only to move and not to attack, right? Does the use of a transport for an amphibious assault count as a movement of the transport or as a combat movement?
      I did not find a understandable rule in the newest version 7.2

Thanks a lot.

• 1)No.
    2)Only Japan
    3)I don’t think so.
    4)There are no restrictions on German naval units.

• @EARMARK:

Couple of questions for anybody to answer that have come up during our game.  Apologize for any repeats.

1.  On the German first turn (Blitz), if Finland was activated on the first impulse, are they allowed to move on the second impulse?….or not until next turn?

2.  The German navy is allowed to move twice on the first German turn through first and second impulse correct?

3.  If Germany takes over Liverpool and downgrades the factory via attack, are they allowed to upgrade the UK factory back up to 10?  Than seems to violate the rule of no new factories outside of Germany and minors.  Is an upgrade considered a new build?

4.  Not sure about pro-allied fleets…do you they have to stay next to home territory?  Is that more of a house rule.

I’m looking to confirm the answer to question 3.

• @Tigerman77:

1. Finland can move

2. Yes

3. The rule only applies to new builds not upgrades.

4. Once the pro-allied is activated the fleet can be moved as normal.

This was thee answer to question 3. Does this answer still apply to game as of todays date ?

• Two rule questions:

1.  Can planes scramble to defend a season being attacked by subs if the attacker declares he won’t use his sneak shots before the battle?

2.  Can a bomber transporting an infantry activate pro-axis or pro-allied neutral that used to be a strict neutral?  Like if Sweden is pro-axis, can Germany land an infantry with a bomber in the capitol and claim everything?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m