• Anyone else been following the German bomber strategy - How to play and How to counter thread on the Global board?  I wonder how well this would work in Europe only games, with the U.S. not having to deal with Japan.  Any thoughts?

• Is Europe 1940 considered to be Allies-favored or Axis-favored?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Is Europe 1940 considered to be Allies-favored or Axis-favored?

I think it depends who you ask.  Heavily favors Axis at first, but when the U.S. finally declares war they have a huge amount of untouched materiel, a lot of IPC’s, and ungodly NO bonuses. 
    The Global thread calls for Germany to make big Strategic bomber purchases to hold off the American fleet and SBR the UK and USSR.  It seems that part of that strategy is counting on the Japanese threat at the same time.
    I was wondering if anyone has tried this with Europe.

• 122 reads and only one response?  And that was a question.  Is there ANYONE that has tried Dark Skies just in the Europe game?

• No.
    I suspect very few, if any, have. We all play Global.

• Dark skies in the Europe only board is a recipe for disaster. You need to buy only ground troops for the first 5-7 turns. This depends on what turn you want to take Moscow. You only build the bombers when your land units can’t reach the battle for Moscow. You should still build up a good force of bombers, but they aren’t nearly as potent as they are in global. The reason for this is that US is spending 100% of her income against you and she can easily defend the places that she wants to.

• that makes sense.  Thanks, ROC!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m