• Maybe you could try laminating material that you can get at office supply stores?

Just a suggestion; I haven’t tried it myself…

• Founder TripleA Admin

Also, I think if you store the maps flat and not folded up, they will lay flat when you play.

• Thanks for the suggestions… I will definately try some of them… except for the sneezing thing!  :-D

• There are some tiles for another game that someone suggested to me that might work out for this game.

http://www.lostbattalion.com/

They have desert tiles too.  If anyone actually has some of these tiles and have tried them I’d like to know.

• since my last post i did a few new things. i went to kinkos and had to large pster sized hex grids printed up. i kept it just black and white. you can do color but it isnt cheap. i then scaned in all the different types of terrein theier is (ie swamps, water, trees, crap like that) i printed about 10 pages of each in color, and cut them up into hex’s. some as singles and some as groupings. the point is that i can cjange them when ever i want. i then got a peice of plexyglass that fit over this thing. after a while with that i bought a bunch of diff. colored dry erase markers, i use them to show disruption/damage/destroyed. its a hell of alot easier than pciking up those little dots all the time. and when donw just wipe it off. its easy and very effective.

• I have a total of sixteen map tiles, so today I bought photo mounting glue (spray form) and eight pieces of poster board.
    (This was sorta messy by the way)

I sprayed one side of the Able tile.
    I stuck it to the poster board and flattened it out.
    After waiting a minute for it to dry, I cut it out along the lines.
    I turned it over and sprayed the empty side of poster board.
    I then placed the other side of the Able tile on it and smoothed it out.

The only warning I have is - Make sure you have both sides of a tile showing!

• The plexi thing worked great at GenCon. My buddy suggested cutting the single large piece into three or four smaller pieces to make it easier to transport.

• If you want custom maps Chessex makes some nice “write on”/“wipe off” 2" hex mats (they make 1 1/2 " and 1" Hex Mats as well). To match the scale of the maps the 2" Hex Mega Mat woudl work.

Here is the description:
    Using water-soluble overhead-projection pens (NOT dry erase, grease pencil, or permanent markers), you can write on the vinyl and remove later with water when the adventure is done.

http://www.chessex.com/mats/Battlemats_MegamatsReversible.htm

Sizing: Battlematâ„¢    = 26” x 23½” (66cm x 60cm)
    Sizing: Megamatâ„¢        = 34½” x 48” (88cm x 122cm)

96259 Reversible Battlematâ„¢ 2" Squares and Hexes $19.98
    97259 Reversible Megamatâ„¢ 2" Squares and Hexes $34.98

• Rock Rock On!! good stuff, thanks!

• hi, I took my maps to Kinkos and had them laminated.  It works great. cost was $18.00 for all four.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m