FMGCon 2015 Sept 12-13 - CONCLUDED - PICS UP at WWW.FMGCON.COM!

• Field Marshal Games
    and
    I Will Never Grow Up Gaming
    Present #FMGCon2015

Single Day and Family Day Passes available at the door

• Play and Win Games

• Open Gaming with access to our Games Library

• Midnight Munchkin Madness

• Robotech RPG Tactics Miniatures

• Bolt Action WW2 Miniatures

• Warhammer Fantasy Battles Miniatures

• Participation Demonstration Games

• Vendors

• Bring and Buy

• AND MORE TO COME

Check out www.fmgcon.com for the newest details, sign up for Tournaments and Demonstrations, and to purchase your Guest Passes

The Field Marshal Gaming Convention, now in its 5th year, is an annual celebration of tabletop gaming held in Oshawa, Ontario every September. � This weekend long event is host to tabletop games of all kinds, from your traditional (and not-so-traditional, modern) board games, card and dice games to miniatures gaming. �

This is a family friendly event that is meant to create a weekend of fun and gaming with friends, old and new held in a historic and atmospheric building.

Come for a day, or come for the entire weekend – in either case, come for the fun of tabletop gaming!

Date: September 12-13, 2015
    Location: � RCAF 420Wing, 1000 Stevenson Road North, Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/FMGConvention/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com//@FMG_Convention/ (#FMGCon2015)

• One of these years, I will come.  I will also want to hang at The Cliffside Bunker as well.

• We would love to get some feedback on the (tentative) Axis and Allies Tournament rules and format as well.
    We want to make it fun for everyone involved, but recognize that time and space is EXTREMELY limited.

The format and rules are almost a copy of the rules used by Gregg Smorey for GenCon and other tournaments.  The only real changes are time (2.5 hours per game due to the shortened time available) and Swiss Format.

While the Swiss Tournament Format is not the most common, we feel it is the fairest (you are placed based on overall gameplay over several games, not one single game that you may have had bad dice) and easiest to manage in a short time.  We did consider the Elimination Bracket, but that takes much longer (especially as you add on more and more players) and penalizes people for having a single bad game.

If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to PM me and we’ll take them into consideration.

• Sponsor

@ghr2:

One of these years, I will come.  I will also want to hang at The Cliffside Bunker as well.

You would be more than welcome at any time.

• When is tank fest this year?

• @suprise:

When is tank fest this year?

As it happens there is a Tank Saturday on the 12th during the convention at 11am and 1pm. 
    It’s not the full collection (Roll Past Day, on the 17th of October) but it is happening just as it did the first 2 years (year 3 was the full collection, last year there was no tank demonstration).

Our very own Field Marshal Jeremy is set to be a part of the Tank day as well.

Just an added bonus to the Con for those who are interested in seeing these old gals run.

Of course, you can always go into the Ontario Regiment Tank Museum and have a look around as well.

http://www.ontrmuseum.ca/events.htm

Friday, Saturday, Sunday and holiday Mondays (12h00 to 16h00) from  May until 11 November.

Adults: $5.00
    Veterans, seniors and children: $3.00
    Children under 12:  No charge

• Sponsor

@suprise:

When is tank fest this year?

So you’re planning on comming this year SA, hope so.

• 50% SOLD OUT!

2 Vendors confirmed, awaiting confirmation from a third.
    Loads of scheduled participation demos! Sign up online to reserve a seat!

Earlybird Weekend Pass price ends TODAY

www.fmgcon.com

• Due to unforeseen circumstances, regrettably, the AXIS AND ALLIES TOURNAMENT and Small World Tournament have been scrubbed for this year.
    We will revisit the Tournament concept again next year.

Young Grasshopper will be overseeing an Axis and Allies gaming area with several versions and tables of A&A set up.
    Dave Mattison will be hosting the Axis and Allies Miniatures game on Saturday once again.

50% sold out! (Day passes + T-Shirts available at the door while they last)

2 Vendors confirmed (Worlds Collide and “Battle of France 1940”)

14 Scheduled Participation Demos (more if you count the ones with several timeslots) including 4 different miniatures games and a couple of new/unique games over the 2 day event
    Door Prizes, Play and Win Games, Open Gaming, Games Library (free to use for all guests), Bring & Buy table

Live WW2 Tank demonstration on Saturday (11am and 1pm)

BBQ Lunch and Dinner (Sausages + Burgers) hosted once again by the #420Wing RCAF on Saturday

• Sponsor

WOW!.. SO MUCH TO SEE AND PLAY… CAN’T WAIT!!!

• Customizer

It’s cool to see Bolt Action on the list. I just picked up a German Heer and US Army 1000 pt. starter armies. Won’t be able to make it this year but BA is a very good game to be included in this event.

• @toblerone77:

It’s cool to see Bolt Action on the list. I just picked up a German Heer and US Army 1000 pt. starter armies. Won’t be able to make it this year but BA is a very good game to be included in this event.

And to top it off, it’s being run by Ross Cossar who is a retired Canadian Forces officer and a fantastic miniatures guy.  He demos the game at several conventions throughout the year … after having WON IT at FMGCon2013!  We’re proud to have introduced him to the game!

• ONE WEEK AWAY! fmgcon.com

Bring and Buy Table
    2 vendors
    BBQ Lunch provided by the #420Wing RCAF association (all proceeds benefit the #420Wing RCAF)

Live WW2 Tank Demonstration (Outdoors) at 11am and 1pm on Saturday the 12th

Scheduled Demo Events including;

Small World
    Stone Age
    1812: The Invasion of Canada
    Ticket to Ride
    Eclipse
    Operation Huskey
    Star Wars Imperial Assault
    Dead of Winter
    Midnight Munchkin Madness (Prize Event)
    Camelot 101 (Including a Prize Event – Camelot 101: Tolkein Table – The Hobbit)

Kings of War (Miniatures)
    Robotech RPG Tactics (Miniatures)
    Bolt Action (Miniatures)
    Sails of Glory (Miniatures)
    Axis and Allies (Miniatures)

Young Grasshopper will be host to the Axis and Allies tables - 2 G40 Tables, Spring 1942 and more as needed!

Once again FMGCon has committed to donate a portion of all proceeds to the Wounded Warriors Project!

• Sponsor

The BBQ is always awesome, great hamburgers and hotdogs every year.

• WE CAN NOW ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS AT THE EVENT

If you didn’t bring any cash and want to purchase items at FMGCon, including your pass at the door, you can now pay with Visa/MasterCard.
    Of course, cash is always accepted too!  ;)

• Great pics
    Next year I’ll be there with 2 G 40 games and set up a second edition and one like Ozteas
    Now that the days are getting shorter and cooler weather you’ll see my face here more often
    S.A.

• @suprise:

Great pics
    Next year I’ll be there with 2 G 40 games and set up a second edition and one like Ozteas
    Now that the days are getting shorter and cooler weather you’ll see my face here more often
    S.A.

We look forward to seeing you there SA! The A&A area was definitely busier this year than last. Then again, the entire event was busier!  lol.

A ton more pics have been added to the FMGCon facebook album. I’ll be adding them to the website album some time soon as well.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m