• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

Hoffman have I  paid?

…aren’t you running a tab?  8-)

• @Young:

@Gargantua:

Hoffman have I  paid?

…aren’t you running a tab?  8-)

And even more importantly: are we talking here about IPCs or about that less important variety of money which is handled by banks?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

The hawks have to win 4 in 10 before anyone calls them a dynasy - just FYI.

Canucks will make sure that doesn’t happen I swear!

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Dynasty gets thrown around too much in sports nowadays, and it’s not fair to compare today’s NHL, NBA and NFL teams to those of the past since all three operate with caps (NBA is the only soft one) and have so much roster turnover that makes it harder to keep a winning core together. Three in six is not a dynasty per se but a sign of modern dominance, much like the Spurs spread out NBA titles.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Gargantua:

Hoffman have I� paid?

I have not received anything… however, I did just send a Paypal request for money to your joelg_88 address. Hope that was the right one. That is, if you still want to go through Paypal. Otherwise I am basically living in 1940 with no internet and no cable/satellite, so I love the US Postal Service.

And what is with the 88? Seems like you are a Patrick Kane superfan. I don’t think you are really interested in seeing the Blackhawks lose.

@General:

Dynasty gets thrown around too much in sports nowadays, and it’s not fair to compare today’s NHL, NBA and NFL teams to those of the past since all three operate with caps (NBA is the only soft one) and have so much roster turnover that makes it harder to keep a winning core together. Three in six is not a dynasty per se but a sign of modern dominance, much like the Spurs spread out NBA titles.

I agree. I don’t know what, if any, definition off a sports dynasty exists, but for me multiple championships in a row are pretty much a necessity. 3 in 6 is great, but that doesn’t compare to Detroit winning 3/4 from 1952-55 let alone what Montreal and Toronto have accomplished or the Oilers winning 5/7 or the Islanders winning 4 in a row.

Granted, as you said, it is very difficult to compare eras when the rules were different, the process was different, the equipment and training was different and there were fewer teams.

Chicago is not a dynasty. Not yet anyway. Though they are the best team in the NHL (and therefore in the World) right now.

• Sponsor

The Montreal Canadiens in the 70s were a true Dynasty as they dominated the majority of an entire decade. However, it’s hard to string together lots of cups with so many teams and the top talent diluted throughout the league. I’m ok with calling Chicago’s 3 in 6 a dynasty… one day in the future when you hear the names Toews, Kane, Hossa, Kieth, and Seabrook, the word dynasty will be the first thing you think of.

• '17 '16 '15

I wouldn’t call them quite a dynasty, but they’re pretty good. Also a lot of fun to watch. I like the speed game.

• '12

3 cups in 6 years in my opinion makes them a dynasty in a league of 30.  It’s not like they were bottom feeders 7 years and earlier and only recently benefited from high draft picks and cash at the right time.  Moreover their run isn’t over.  A few more playoff appearances going deep into the playoffs will assure them of dynasty status.

As a Maple Leafs fan…I can only dream of my team winning the cup ONCE in the last 48 years!  So the idea that 3 in 6 is no big deal is just hard to fathom.

@MrMalachiCrunch:

3 cups in 6 years in my opinion makes them a dynasty in a league of 30.  It’s not like they were bottom feeders 7 years and earlier and only recently benefited from high draft picks and cash at the right time.  Moreover their run isn’t over.  A few more playoff appearances going deep into the playoffs will assure them of dynasty status.

As a Maple Leafs fan…I can only dream of my team winning the cup ONCE in the last 48 years!  So the idea that 3 in 6 is no big deal is just hard to fathom.

Mr. M… where the heck have you been? :-o

Good to see you.

• So the Nucks are the only Canadian team in the playoffs?

Ive yet to choose an NHL team because my usual method of supporting the San Diego team doesnt work and no, dont mention the Kings. I know Ill back one of the Canadian teams but Im still torn between the Senators, the Canucks and the Leafs…

Edit: Wow, just checked and my god thats a lot of playoff teams. More than half? Seriously?

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Did you travel forward in time from 1992? But your point stands since it’s silly to have both the NBA and NHL operate with such long seasons but still allow over half the teams into their postseasons.

You should root for the new Vegas team, whether it’s an expansion team or the next destination for the vagabond Coyotes.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m