• Sponsor

In A&A Classic I would always buy 5 men and a factory UK1, and place the new factory in South Africa to provide a transport shuck to Persia. The only difference I see in 1942.2 is that there are no VCs in Africa and therefore not worth investing in, however, it would help keep Germany from collecting Africa money, and would help defend Calcutta.

What do you guys think?

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

I used to like this idea a lot but less in 42.2E - there are not much money I could spend on this factory due to the presence of India factory.

• Sponsor

@innohub:

I used to like this idea a lot but less in 42.2E - there are not much money I could spend on this factory due to the presence of India factory.

So India had no factory in Classic? I can’t remember.

• Like Innohub says, YG, It is not top of the agenda.
    I, too, remember it from my old games though. Funny, eh!

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

@Young:

@innohub:

um…I cannot recall neither…I think factory’s presence in India happens on 42 2E only.

• Sponsor

@innohub:

@Young:

@innohub:

um…I cannot recall neither…I think factory’s presence in India happens on 42 2E only. Â

I have the Classic setup charts at home, I’ll verify tonight.

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

SA factory and save the rest for round 2 carriers was a go to in Classic for my group. Safer than the India factory buy.

I agree with innohub, UK is too cash strapped for it to work very well on this board. SA factory means 2 tanks a round, and they aren’t reaching Russia or India till the fifth round, too little too late. Russia needs immediate fighter support.

The starting India factory is a new thing, and it puts added pressure on UK.

Anglo Egyptian and Morocco speed bumps conspire to make African production less appealong to me.

The problem with the 5 man aspect is that you don’t really need the 2 dudes to defend UK and its harder to get them off the island than before. I think its better to save the money for round 2 fleet. Or buy heavier hitters. Artillery, Fighters, or Tanks.

• Sponsor

@Black_Elk:

SA factory and save the rest for round 2 carriers was a go to in Classic for my group. Safer than the India factory buy.

I agree with innohub, UK is too cash strapped for it to work very well on this board. SA factory means 2 tanks a round, and they aren’t reaching Russia or India till the fifth round, too little too late. Russia needs immediate fighter support.

The starting India factory is a new thing, and it puts added pressure on UK.

Anglo Egyptian and Morocco speed bumps conspire to make African production less appealong to me.

The problem with the 5 man aspect is that you don’t really need the 2 dudes to defend UK and its harder to get them off the island than before. I think its better to save the money for round 2 fleet. Or buy heavier hitters. Artillery, Fighters, or Tanks.

OK, I’m off the factory in South Africa idea… so other than saving everything for a fleet build UK2, what are some other UK1 purchase ideas out there?

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

These are couple purchases that I like to make. UK starts with 31 ipcs. Your card says 30, but annoyingly this is incorrect. Same deal with Germany they have 41 not 40. I’d just mark it up with a sharpie, so you don’t forget
    ;)

But back to UK. The two builds I like most are…

2 artillery 1 infantry in India, 2 fighters in UK.
    3 tanks in India, 1 fighter and 1 infantry in UK.

Those are my go to builds, but there a few others as well, if I can trust the Americans to fully coordinate, or if I am playing USA as well.

3 tanks in India, 1 bomber in UK save 1 ipc.
    3 tanks in India save 13 ipcs.
    2 artillery 1 infantry in India, save 20 ipcs.
    3 infantry in India save 22 ipcs.

The guiding principle in this case is to max place 3 hitpoints in India, with something left over to give alternative round 2 build options. Unless you take territories with a transport sacrifice you will end the UKs first turn with the same amount you started 31 ipcs. France or Norway (if the Atlantic transport survives G1 and you want to sacrifice) or Borneo with a Pacific transport sacrifice, or East Indies with a risky 37 hit plus territory take, can increase this amount, but otherwise if you want a different build option in round 2 it requires saving something.

• Sponsor

Great advice Black Elk, you have really given me a lot to chew on.

Thanks

• 2 art 1 inf for India and 2 Fighters for UK.  That’s pretty standard for me.  I also understand saving for Round 2 Naval build, but I have found that rather than attack sz37 i send India navy southwest around Africa and Australia Navy south east around S America.  By round 3 they join and round 4 they are ready to help invade western europe.

• Sponsor

@drummerinheat:

2 art 1 inf for India and 2 Fighters for UK.�  That’s pretty standard for me.�  I also understand saving for Round 2 Naval build, but I have found that rather than attack sz37 i send India navy southwest around Africa and Australia Navy south east around S America.�  By round 3 they join and round 4 they are ready to help invade western europe.

I like those purchases and will likely do the same, but if you don’t attack sz 37, what are you doing to help save Calcutta?

• @Young:

@drummerinheat:

2 art 1 inf for India and 2 Fighters for UK.�  That’s pretty standard for me.�  I also understand saving for Round 2 Naval build, but I have found that rather than attack sz37 i send India navy southwest around Africa and Australia Navy south east around S America.�  By round 3 they join and round 4 they are ready to help invade western europe.

I like those purchases and will likely do the same, but if you don’t attack sz 37, what are you doing to help save Calcutta?

It’s been a bit.  You got me hooked on 1940 and that’s where my heads been at. Funny how you switched on me!  No worries…I’m sure you know that everything for the allies hinges on what the USA does.  Neat thing about 42 is that you can combo with the UK in the Atlantic so I usually have enough to run a distraction on Japan In the north as well.  I usually set manchuria as my destintion.  Send a transport and fighters/bomber over To Russia.  See how J reacts.  I have 3 rounds to disrupt the axis before that UK pacific Navy unites and preps for a European assault.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m