• Hi All,

Getting back into AA got a few ideas rolling around my head so please help with the following questions?

Q1.Given NOs are on, at what levels of national income would you consider the Axis and the Allies to be level?

I feel that this would occur between 100 and 110 for the axis. This would be

GE 40-45
    JAP 50
    ITA 10-15

Q2. What territories (or general regions) would the axis be required to take to achieve parity?

GE First three Russian territories and hold starting territories,
    ITA Hold starting territories
    JAP- Indonesia/Phill/ Chinese coastal/ India-Burma/ Russian Coastal

Q3. Which NOs are included in this?

GE 2
    ITA 1
    JAP 3

Q4. What turn would you aim to achieve this.

Turn 3

Q5. Can this be achieved without ITA/GE reinforcing Africa (ie Both go for RUSS first.)

From this position axis can launch 3 way attack on Egy-Cau

Q6. If parity can be achieved and held which side has the long term advantage?

• The axis can/should have Egypt G2.
    Allies can/should build atlantic navy to land in Africa UK2/US2 (operation Torch)
    marching east to threaten Egypt counter attack on UK4 (aggressive), more likely on UK5.

This gives some major IPCs to the European Axis and out of UK’s hands, with not too many resources to do so.  What happens round 5 will decide who ‘wins’ the African dollars.

Personally, I prefer to be in a better strategic position, forgoing some economic gains to ensuring that my units are achieving the game winning moves that are needed.

It is very hard for the allies to be everywhere, so they usually focus on Germany.  In this sense, both the Germanys and Italians need some quick and early money to help build up enough units to keep the Russians at bay, and the western allies from consuming units in France.  Japan will eventually get her IPCs and unit count up high enough that the Russians will most likely not be able to stop them.

Yes, having more money can be good, but not necessarily the main focus to win the game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m