• When I read the part about the tunnel being intended as a “man cave to hang out in”, I couldn’t help thinking that this secret facility might have made a very cool A&A gaming bunker.  And who knows…maybe that what these guys meant by “hanging out”.  One nice aspect is that, in a dedicated facility of this type, the game map could have been left set up indefinitely, allowing for a continuous game to be played over several weekends.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-tunnel-dug-by-2-men-as-man-cave-police-say-1.2978109

Toronto tunnel mystery solved
    Police say no criminal intent behind construction of mystery tunnel near Pan Am Games site

Two men in their 20s dug the bunker-like tunnel found in north Toronto as a “man cave” to hang out in, police say.

The tunnel, which was discovered in January but first reported by CBC News last week, was dug near York University’s Keele campus and the Rexall Centre, a major tennis venue that’s set to host part of this summer’s Pan Am Games, as well as the high-profile Rogers Cup tournament.

“It is simply two guys who just wanted to dig a cave,” said Toronto police spokesman Victor Kwong. “That really is what our investigation has led to … they just wanted to dig a cave to hang out.”

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/mysterious-toronto-bunker-built-as-man-cave-1.2259779

The bunker measured 1.9 metres tall by 0.9 metres wide by 10 metres long, police said. A 3-metre-deep tunnel with a ladder led into the bunker.

The walls were supported by plywood planks, and moisture-resistant lights were installed inside. A gas-powered generator and tools were found inside, and a poppy affixed to a rosary was nailed to the wall.

Police found a gas can, food and drink containers, work gloves, a sump pump and a wheel barrow during their investigation.

• '17 '16 '15

Seems like it would need to be a little wider but otherwise would work just fine.

• @barney:

Seems like it would need to be a little wider but otherwise would work just fine.

Good point about the width.  Either it would only have worked for the 1941 game, or perhaps the guys got caught before they could finish digging a Global 1940-sized gaming area at the far end of the tunnel.

• Sponsor

That was the cliffside bunker where I was making my videos… I’ve been forced to relocate now  :x

• '17 '16 '15

I recommend a wet bar for the new one :)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

So much for my secret plans :(

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Young:

That was the cliffside bunker where I was making my videos… I’ve been forced to relocate now  :x

YG,

You should go dig a new tunnel like 20ft away.  lol…  see what happens, but hide it better this time.

Maybe it will become a thing, like throwing shoes over power lines.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m