1942.2 Cost change for Russian Tank T-34

• '17 '16

Since many talked about the Axis clear advantage.
    Did anyone dare to change the cost of Russian Tank in 1942.2 game to fix the unbalance and gives a more historical feel?

Instead of a bid, here is the fix:
    Russian Tank T-34
    Attack 3
    Defense 3
    Move 2
    Cost 5
    Blitz

Only Russia have this lower cost of Tank.
    This cost reduction worth for the massive Russian Tank production during WWII.

We can give a small compensation to Germany:
    German’s U-boat
    Attack 2
    Defense 1
    Move 2
    Cost 5
    Surprise Strike,
    Submerge,
    Stealth Move,
    Cannot hit airplanes,
    Cannot be hit by planes, unless Destroyer is present.

This cost reduction is for the increase of German’s Submarine production after 1941.

It will also gives to this two land Powers a substantial unit at 5 IPCs.

For those which understand french, a doc on T-34/76 and T-34/85

Le Char T-34, la force de frappe de l’armee russe - Documentaire
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLC4siPTFsziTDRlla7XQ_-E8UiLhbxr-M&v=uHc15JT59Ug

• I like the idea.

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

I like the concept. Taken a step further, you might pick a single iconic unit for each nation and give them a cost reduction -1 for the cost of that unit. Since there are 3 Allies and only 2 Axis, the approach would ultimately benefit Allies more overall. Especially if the iconic units are somewhat less useful in the grand scheme (as cheaper Russian tanks are better for Allies, than cheaper German Uboats are for Axis).

I like the proposal for Russian tanks and German Uboats for that reason. What icon units might we reduce in cost for UK, USA and Japan?

Cheaper spitfire for UK would certainly be potent. Perhaps cheaper transports for USA? Not sure about Japan though, probably a warship, maybe carriers or destroyers? Something slightly less powerful, but which could help them in KJF?

• '17 '16

Iconic for USA: Cheaper Strategic Bomber…  :-D :-D :-D

• '17 '16

@Black_Elk:

I like the proposal for Russian tanks and German Uboats for that reason. What icon units might we reduce in cost for UK, USA and Japan?

Cheaper spitfire for UK would certainly be potent. Perhaps cheaper transports for USA? Not sure about Japan though, probably a warship, maybe carriers or destroyers? Something slightly less powerful, but which could help them in KJF?

What do you think if we agree on UK’s Spitfire and US Liberty Ship.
    To make thing even, Japan can also have a reduced sub cost to 5 IPCs, since they develop the better torpedo.
    We can also give to Germany a 1 IPC redux on Tactical bombers, since they keep the Stuka through the war.

Japan and Germany gets 5 IPCs Subs.
    Germany gets a 10 IPCs Tactical bombers
    Russia gets a 5 IPCs Tank
    UK gets a 9 IPCs Spitfire.
    USA gets a 6 IPCs transports.

So, Axis gets 3 iconic units and Allies gets 3 iconic units too.

If you find that Sub is too much for Japan, then goes to Zero Fighter production increase.
    Japanese Fgs put at 9 IPCs.

• @Baron:

@Black_Elk:

What do you think if we agree on UK’s Spitfire and US Liberty Ship.
    To make thing even, Japan can also have a reduced sub cost to 5 IPCs, since they develop the better torpedo.
    We can also give to Germany a 1 IPC redux on Tactical bombers, since they keep the Stuka through the war.

Japan and Germany gets 5 IPCs Subs.
    Germany gets a 10 IPCs Tactical bombers
    Russia gets a 5 IPCs Tank
    UK gets a 9 IPCs Spitfire.
    USA gets a 6 IPCs transports.

So, Axis gets 3 iconic units and Allies gets 3 iconic units too.

If you find that Sub is too much for Japan, then goes to Zero Fighter production increase.
    Japanese Fgs put at 9 IPCs.

I understand we’re in the house rules forum, but last time I played 1942, there were no tactical bombers.

• Customizer

I think the best unit for Japan would be cheaper destroyers. Japan built a lot of them during WW2. Also, allow only Japan to carry 1 infantry on their destroyers.

• '17 '16

@knp7765:

I think the best unit for Japan would be cheaper destroyers. Japan built a lot of them during WW2. Also, allow only Japan to carry 1 infantry on their destroyers.

OK for DDs.
    But either 7 IPCs or 1 Inf per DD.
    Not both.

Maybe this HR could still work for G40?
    What do you think?

• I’ve seen the T34 and sub rules somewhere…

• '17 '16

@crusaderiv:

I’ve seen the T34 and sub rules somewhere…

Is this coming from your developed HRs you’ve sent me?

• :-D :-D :-D

• '17 '16

@SS:

:-D :-D :-D

@crusaderiv:

I’ve seen the T34 and sub rules somewhere…

Sorry, I completly forgot that you wrote such HR.
    So I credit the idea above as yours Crusader.
    I was thinking about ATG and this T-34 redux cost came to my mind as another way to provide a counterweight to German’s MI, MArt and Tank.
    Then, I looked for a way  to give a special thing to Germany.

I resulted into your HR.
    I like it as a small mod which add a lot of historical flavor.
    Good idea Crusader!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m