Anniversary Rules for Classic?

• Hi all,

I’m thinking about using the Classic game as an in-roads to getting a few people I know playing Anniversary. Do you think it would be stretching it too much to utilise the main rules from Anniversary for Classic?

Mainly I’m thinking about transports having no combat value, to stop players from just building a massive transport fleet.

Has anyone tried something like this?

• '17 '16

Do you mean there won’t have any Destroyer to buy, only the Classic units?

No artillery?

• @tin_snips:

Hi all,

I’m thinking about using the Classic game as an in-roads to getting a few people I know playing Anniversary. Do you think it would be stretching it too much to utilise the main rules from Anniversary for Classic?

Mainly I’m thinking about transports having no combat value, to stop players from just building a massive transport fleet.

Has anyone tried something like this?

As long as you lower the cost of Transports, it should be fine. Kind of like the reverse of discussions here about using Classic transports in later games.

• @Baron:

Do you mean there won’t have any Destroyer to buy, only the Classic units?

No artillery?

No, sorry, I mean use the Anniversary rule-set in the Classic game version (where appropriate). Just an idea really, and I was wondering if anyone has done something like that in order to make the transition from Classic to Anniversary easier.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m