EBard Shapeways: Generals & Admirals for each faction for sale now!

• Customizer

Nice stuff Ebard!

For those interested I have looked extensively into plastics for the hobbyist. Mid range 3D printers can be the ultimate tool in customization. To clear up some ideas, 3D printing is mostly used for prototyping. High level mass production is prohibitively expensive via 3D printing but cuts down on prototyping costs or  is useful in single, low quantiy and or specialized parts or tools.

Overseas injection molding is the way to produce large quantities. If you have a prototype you can have a mold made for mass production but that’s is costly. To recoup the cost of the molds, mass quantities must be produced and sold.

For those looking to make tokens there are home laser etching machines available.

I’d encourage others to research these topics. I believe it is the future of hobby/gaming.

• @georgemak1:

I ended up buying the global set leaders, I already painted them. The detail on the sculps isnt anything extraordinary, but they look nice, and you can use them in the game as leaders. The only bad thing they all came in a zip bag, and it was really hard to tell which sculp for each country. I think the naval leaders are all the same sculp.

Thanks for sharing the photos! Yes, there was an initial problem with the global set naval leaders sculpts; there were supposed to be three different sculpts (dress whites, dress blues, and Japanese admirals) but instead only two made it into the set (dress whites and Japanese admirals). I fixed that about three or four weeks ago as soon as I discovered the problem, so any future sales will receive the proper set. I’m sorry for the mix-up on your order! And yes, I agree it is hard to tell the pieces apart when they are received from Shapeways. I’ve thought about putting some sort of nation or unit identifier on the bottom of the base, but am waiting to see if sales or interest picks up on them before I spend any more time or money on them; thus far sales to anyone not named EBard have been very underwhelming, which doesn’t entirely surprise me given Shapeways costs and the need to paint the pieces.

EBard

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m