• wow DM your Italian infranty are simply amazing! the color blending and highlights… superburb! Really like the detail in your mech vehicles … the tire rims look so carefully painted!

• '16 Customizer

@dangermouse650:

Thanks for comments. Yes, these are brown-washed and then dry-brushed. I chose a gray for the dry-brush thinking that when metal is out in the elements the paintwork fades and flakes off, also from lots of use. I have over done it on a couple of the pieces, brush wasn’t quite dry enough but overall i think it turned out ok. It has given them a weathered look i think.

Yeah, the grey does give it a nice flaking look! And if you think it was too heavy, then you can just dry the brush a bit more the next time as you mentioned.

• '14 Customizer

Excellent job! I love your weathering effect. The tanks and inf are incredible.

Im going to be finishing mine up tonight. I have a gaming session tomorrow and will need them to be ready.

• '21 '18 '17 '15

Thanks for comments guys, cyanight, look forward to seeing some pics of yours.

• '21 '18 '17 '15

Painting has been on hold for the past week, work has been extremely busy, hopefully get back to it next week.
        Disaster struck a couple weeks back with my fave rc plane, gust of wind took away my control and turned it into the trees. Most of the wing survived but the front was crushed and torn apart by the motor and battery.  A week later my spitfire also lost control, the damage to that wasn’t so severe, just tore the wing mounts  off and busted the prop.
      I spent most of yesterday piecing my jet back together, had to reconstruct the front and put some reinforcing in the sides and cracks in the wing. Went out for a test flight, a few minutes in and it ejected bits off it and stopped. The motor mount had come adrift. So, new motor mount, new prop and more holes filled, try again tonight after work……

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@dangermouse650:

Painting has been on hold for the past week, work has been extremely busy, hopefully get back to it next week.
        Disaster struck a couple weeks back with my fave rc plane, gust of wind took away my control and turned it into the trees. Most of the wing survived but the front was crushed and torn apart by the motor and battery.  A week later my spitfire also lost control, the damage to that wasn’t so severe, just tore the wing mounts  off and busted the prop.
      I spent most of yesterday piecing my jet back together, had to reconstruct the front and put some reinforcing in the sides and cracks in the wing. Went out for a test flight, a few minutes in and it ejected bits off it and stopped. The motor mount had come adrift. So, new motor mount, new prop and more holes filled, try again tonight after work……

Sorry about your RC planes, but hopefully you’ll get them back to flying shape. :-)

• '21 '18 '17 '15

Sorry guys, have got a serious lack of motivation to sit down and paint these last 2 weeks, hopefully i get over it soon. On the other hand, i have been motivated to do this.

Is this one of the planes you repaired That is sweet plane I bet they are really cool when you have plenty of room Awesome Thanks for sharing Sorry for no punctuation I’m using my phone because I’m out of town.

Hey DM, was going to message you but since one can’t attach images to a PM, that was out. And since Photobucket has basically erased a lot of people’s image links (mine included), I am hazarding a guess here.

First, are the below images yours? Secondly, if so, where did you find the Lexington class carriers in the background? Or are they modifications?

Since they don’t look completely identical from this distance, I thought they may be mods to the OOB Wasp or Illustrious, but they look remarkably accurate, including the hull form, to the Lexington. Really caught my eye when going through my picture library yesterday. Files were labeled ‘DM’ on my hard drive, so Dangermouse was my best guess.

DM_LI.jpg
    DM1 (2).jpg

• '21 '18 '17 '15

On my first quick glance i thought no they aren’t mine but then i saw the yellow sub, gosh it has been a while since i looked at my pics, those lexingtons were the product of shapeways. I find that as i am getting older, i have less and less me time for games and other hobbies, it really should be the other way around. Family and work demand more when i should be doing less. Such is life. Happy gaming my friends.
    P.S. Photobucket is the pits, i lost hundreds of files ( like so many others) not only on this site but on my rc sites as well. They suck.

@dangermouse650:

On my first quick glance i thought no they aren’t mine but then i saw the yellow sub, gosh it has been a while since i looked at my pics, those lexingtons were the product of shapeways. I find that as i am getting older, i have less and less me time for games and other hobbies, it really should be the other way around. Family and work demand more when i should be doing less. Such is life. Happy gaming my friends.
    P.S. Photobucket is the pits, i lost hundreds of files ( like so many others) not only on this site but on my rc sites as well. They suck.

Thanks DM. And yeah, same with me on photobucket.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m