• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Helluva career.

Sucked seeing you in a Blues jersey but you gotta do what you gotta do. Please stay retired. I’m sure Dominik Hasek is already inquiring about your vacant roster spot.

• One of the best ever.  All careers end at some point or another….

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@hkytown1:

Helluva career.

Yes. One of the best.

@hkytown1:

I’m sure Dominik Hasek is already inquiring about your vacant roster spot.

Laughs uproariously  :lol:  So true…

@hkytown1:

Please stay retired.

Yes. You overstayed your welcome.

I mean that in the nicest sense, but truly, his best days, his effective days, were well behind him. I don’t know if it was determined love for the game, pride & arrogance or money that kept him playing so long, but he could have ended his career better. Granted, I am not in his shoes, but from the fans’ perspective and I think from a hockey legacy he mucked it up a bit in staying on. Perhaps less the legacy part, because his statistics will always be what they are, but I can only imagine it was a sour taste in the mouth of NJD fans. Not to mention the fact that it seemed like everyone but Marty realized that he could no longer compete. Seemed like he was in denial.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

I’m a Rangers fan and even I admit it’s wrong for Brodeur to have his retirement celebrated outside New Jersey. The Blues even trotted out some of their legendary players, as if Marty’s seven games there will be remembered by anyone. I have no doubt he wanted to stick it to Lou Lamoriello: but I think he’ll have no problem mending fences for his jersey retirement ceremony so he can soak up the applause.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m