Welcome! If you're a returning member of the forums, please reset your password. If you don't receive an email within minutes, it means your account is listed under another, likely older, email address. Contact webmaster@axisandallies.org for help.

Extra pieces needed to make this realistically playable

• Customizer

I recently bought 1914 and I’m planning to introduce to my gaming group, however I know the recent A&A games have been plagued with piece shortages. I severely dislike introducing new games with such obvious component deficiencies as I believe it biases new players against the game from the start. Short of buying a 2nd copy, what quantity of specific pieces for which countries would I need to pick up from the second hand market so that I won’t run out of them in 98% of games?

Example:
    Germany
    5 infantry
    2 tanks
    2 fighters
    7 control markers

Britain
    2 tanks
    2 fighters

USA
    2 transports

Etc.

Thanks

• Customizer

You need more UK infantry, and probably more extra US transports.

• Customizer

Thanks for your input. Anything else?

• You will need more chips for sure. If I am not mistaken all the dark red are used up just for the setup. I just purchased two orders worth from HGB a couple of days a go.

• @Jaybird:

You will need more chips for sure. If I am not mistaken all the dark red are used up just for the setup. I just purchased two orders worth from HGB a couple of days a go.

I just ordered three sets of 30 chips each for only $6.00 total at historicalwargaming.com.  Should cover my deficiencies.

• denfenitly need more German infantry

• HBG has expansion sets for every power. I got a set for Germany and one for UK, and some extra chips including green ones to represent 3 units, and i haven’t had any issues.

Welcome to the new forums! For security and technical reasons, we did not migrate your password. Therefore to get started, please reset your password. You may use your email address or username. Please note that your username is not your display name.

If you're having problems, please send an email to webmaster@axisandallies.org

T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games

Users

Topics

1.3m