Extra pieces needed to make this realistically playable

• Customizer

I recently bought 1914 and I’m planning to introduce to my gaming group, however I know the recent A&A games have been plagued with piece shortages. I severely dislike introducing new games with such obvious component deficiencies as I believe it biases new players against the game from the start. Short of buying a 2nd copy, what quantity of specific pieces for which countries would I need to pick up from the second hand market so that I won’t run out of them in 98% of games?

Example:
    Germany
    5 infantry
    2 tanks
    2 fighters
    7 control markers

Britain
    2 tanks
    2 fighters

USA
    2 transports

Etc.

Thanks

• Customizer

You need more UK infantry, and probably more extra US transports.

• Customizer

Thanks for your input. Anything else?

• You will need more chips for sure. If I am not mistaken all the dark red are used up just for the setup. I just purchased two orders worth from HGB a couple of days a go.

• @Jaybird:

You will need more chips for sure. If I am not mistaken all the dark red are used up just for the setup. I just purchased two orders worth from HGB a couple of days a go.

I just ordered three sets of 30 chips each for only $6.00 total at historicalwargaming.com.  Should cover my deficiencies.

• denfenitly need more German infantry

• HBG has expansion sets for every power. I got a set for Germany and one for UK, and some extra chips including green ones to represent 3 units, and i haven’t had any issues.

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.4m