Painted U.S. Navy , YouTube videos

• I just uploaded my latest video on YouTube showing customized painted U.S. Navy miniatures. I originally painted the collection over a year ago, however I decided to go back and repaint the collection all together. I have included a customized Lexington Class Air craft carrier which I remodeled from an Italian Aquila class carrier miniature game piece. I sanded down the front of the miniature and part of the Island so that it  resembles the USS Lexington. The end result is not perfect, but the end product does greatly resemble the LEXINGTON. Making use of the Aquila miniature provides us with one more option for further customizations. In the video I also included two new Akagi Japanese air craft carriers with slightly different color schemes. I still don’t have sufficient posts so I will not be able to directly link the video however you have to do is to simply go to your YouTube Application And Punch In Painted axis and allies game pieces video 25.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@DTROY:

I just uploaded my latest video on YouTube showing customized painted U.S. Navy miniatures. I originally painted the collection over a year ago, however I decided to go back and repaint the collection all together. I have included a customized Lexington Class Air craft carrier which I remodeled from an Italian Aquila class carrier miniature game piece. I sanded down the front of the miniature and part of the Island so that it  resembles the USS Lexington. The end result is not perfect, but the end product does greatly resemble the LEXINGTON. Making use of the Aquila miniature provides us with one more option for further customizations. In the video I also included two new Akagi Japanese air craft carriers with slightly different color schemes. I still don’t have sufficient posts so I will not be able to directly link the video however you have to do is to simply go to your YouTube Application And Punch In Painted axis and allies game pieces video 25.

Awesome video DTROY. I really like how you changed your American fleet to this color scheme. They look a lot more realistic looking. Awesome job, my friend, awesome job. :-D

• To be honest when I first painted the U.S. navy I was pretty much happy with the color scheme that I had used. Lately though I am leaning more towards realistic color schemes that more or less resemble or come close to the real colors used by the militaries and navies of The World War I I era. I find that getting the right color scheme gets more difficult every time since most militaries and navies used schemes that sort of resembled each other. Their are most definitely differences but sometimes it can be some what difficult coming up with the right color schemes specially when painting naval miniatures. Once again, thanks for your insight John Brown.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@DTROY:

To be honest when I first painted the U.S. navy I was pretty much happy with the color scheme that I had used. Lately though I am leaning more towards realistic color schemes that more or less resemble or come close to the real colors used by the militaries and navies of The World War I I era. I find that getting the right color scheme gets more difficult every time since most militaries and navies used schemes that sort of resembled each other. Their are most definitely differences but sometimes it can be some what difficult coming up with the right color schemes specially when painting naval miniatures. Once again, thanks for your insight John Brown.

Very true DTROY, most of the worlds navies are going to have some similarities such as the color gray. I just like that scheme for American ships, in general, but when I get to do my navies, I will have to decide which ones will have a realistic look and which ones will have their own unique look. :-)

• Sponsor

Thanks for the shout out DTROY, and keep up the good work… this site needs more videos like yours.

• '16 Customizer

@DTROY:

To be honest when I first painted the U.S. navy I was pretty much happy with the color scheme that I had used. Lately though I am leaning more towards realistic color schemes that more or less resemble or come close to the real colors used by the militaries and navies of The World War I I era. I find that getting the right color scheme gets more difficult every time since most militaries and navies used schemes that sort of resembled each other. Their are most definitely differences but sometimes it can be some what difficult coming up with the right color schemes specially when painting naval miniatures. Once again, thanks for your insight John Brown.

This is so true! I find that my tastes in color schemes are constantly evolving - I could easily be repainting my set for the next 40 years. Ultimately it’s all about what you prefer, and sometimes you prefer historical accuracy over aesthetics. If you play often with other people it can be important to make different nations distinguishable, but I don’t have many other people to play with, so it is mostly a painting hobby at this point. I haven’t actually played Global 1940 in over a year.

Thanks for your contributions DTROY. Your set has a particular style or theme that makes it look very cohesive. I like it!

• Thanks for your insight Spitfire, I have noticed that playing with customized playing pieces is not always that easy,  specially if you have people in your play group that are used to playing with solid colors. Customized pieces can most definitely play tricks on those who do not have a trained eye. However, I like to think that like in a any conflict you will have a certain level of FOG of WAR that normally plays a role in any sort of conflict. So sometimes When I fail to see a unit because of its paint work I attribute it to the Fog of War. At least that’s what I tell my opponents and team mates.

• Wow just wow …those are awesome.hopefully i ll achieve hour level of skills in distant future
    How long did it take to paint those?
    Also i like the idea of fog of war :)

• '14 Customizer

So very true. When I first started painting my aircraft I had to include decal roundels for the players to distinguish the pieces from one another. My naval units are painted mostly with a color scheme for playability except for the capital ships like the Carriers and popular Battleships. All of them have a decal or flag to show which nation they belong too. I actually replaced the OOB British Cruisers because I thought they looked too close in size with the destroyers. I ended up replacing with some ships I found on Shapeways. The biggest problem I had with naval units is that they can exist in the same seazone with enemy pieces unlike land territories. Because of this I decided to keep the subs, destroyers, cruisers and non unique battleships following a color scheme. There are so many colors in the spectrum though we should be able to come up with a solution that will make them look more historical yet keep the pattern or color scheme for the nation. I really would love to paint all the ships historically and maybe I will revisit them again someday. Every time I go back and repaint my pieces I seem to get better at it. Or at least I think I do, hehe.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m