XDAP2 - Round 1 - MethodOne Clinic vs Chaos U. Alumni Association

• '12

the league allows a placement of a land unit even if there is not a land unit present.  to place a sea unit, a sea unit must already be present in the zone.

one COULD read this bid restriction as written to be 1 unit per tt and 1 unit per seazone with already existing units.  perhaps it was made more clear in a PM?

see what i mean?

• @Boldfresh:

the league allows a placement of a land unit even if there is not a land unit present.  to place a sea unit, a sea unit must already be present in the zone.

one COULD read this bid restriction as written to be 1 unit per tt and 1 unit per seazone with already existing units.  perhaps it was made more clear in a PM?

see what i mean?

You’re right, the league does allow land units in unoccupied territories, and I suppose I was not as clear as I could have been.

We decided to preclude this kind of placement from the get-go (whether we got allies or not) and asked CUAA if they were OK with the bid restrictions. We perhaps wrongly took their silence on the matter as implicit approval.

I’m not trying to cause a ruckus here, just pointing to what we had thought were established bid restrictions. If guinea inf was on the table, we may have bid 14 is all.

pr0c3ss and Make_It_Round, what are y’all’s thoughts? You can place the 15 differently or we can re-bid with different placement restrictions, whatever y’all prefer. Not trying to pressure you into anything, and I hope you don’t hate us for being so nit-picky  :-(

• '12

@TheMethuselah:

@Boldfresh:

see what i mean?

You’re right, the league does allow land units in unoccupied territories, and I suppose I was not as clear as I could have been.

We decided to preclude this kind of placement from the get-go (whether we got allies or not) and asked CUAA if they were OK with the bid restrictions. We perhaps wrongly took their silence on the matter as implicit approval.

I’m not trying to cause a ruckus here, just pointing to what we had thought were established bid restrictions. If guinea inf was on the table, we may have bid 14 is all.

pr0c3ss and Make_It_Round, what are y’all’s thoughts? You can place the 15 differently or we can re-bid with different placement restrictions, whatever y’all prefer. Not trying to pressure you into anything, and I hope you don’t hate us for being so nit-picky  :-(

i know y’all will work it out - just an honest miscommunication.

• No problem; part of the confusion might stem from the fact this is the first time I’ve actually bid instead of just playing a side as is.

I think we can have some fun with the placement, using some parts of the board that don’t normally see action, so I’m more interested in trying that out if you’re game.

If that means you want to re-bid, let’s take it back a step and let you do that.

• @Make_It_Round:

No problem; part of the confusion might stem from the fact this is the first time I’ve actually bid instead of just playing a side as is.

I think we can have some fun with the placement, using some parts of the board that don’t normally see action, so I’m more interested in trying that out if you’re game.

If that means you want to re-bid, let’s take it back a step and let you do that.

Hey Round (can I call you Round?), I’m pretty new to using bids myself, actually. This will be my fifth game using them, and it’s a lot of fun getting to fudge with the Axis prior to G1  :-D

We’re far from experts, but Odonis and I discussed and agreed that we didn’t like allowing units in territories and/or sea zones of any power and regardless of existing units. Those kinds of bids are proportionally much more powerful than standard bids and are actually not allowed by league rules:

4b – Bidding - Bidding will be used to ensure that both players are satisfied with the side they are playing. �

Players may negotiate bidding terms with one another, with the following default settings:

1. Limit one bid unit in a territory or sea zone.
    2. The nation placing a unit in a territory or sea zone must have started with a unit in said territory or sea zone prior to placing the bid.
    3. In the instance there are units from more than one country in a territory or sea zone, only one nation will be permitted to place a bid unit there. � I.e. Egypt has ANZAC and British units present at start of the game, either ANZAC or England may place a bid unit in Egypt, but not both.

I was wrong that League rules allow units in empty territories, though either way the unit’s got to match the territory owner.

In short, at the casual level of agreement, we’d prefer League bid restrictions. I’m so hype to play a team game here against awesome opponents, and I invite y’all to try the “standard” bidding at least once before having fun with placement.

If y’all feel strongly otherwise, pick whichever of these options you like best:

A) Bid restrictions simply 1 unit per territory. We’d like to rebid +14

B) League bid restrictions as quoted above. You can rebid at 19 or 17

C) League bid restrictions as quoted above. You can stick us at 18 or 20

I hate that we’ve got off on the wrong foot here, and I promise that I’m not usually such a bugger about technicalities and such. It’s just that Odonis and I spent some time discussing this and made an informed agreement about how we’d like to do bids, as it affects our strategy for bidding and playing.

• '12

wow guess i was wrong as well - i thought the league standard was to allow a bid unit to a territory even if it had none.

• '12

@Boldfresh:

wow guess i was wrong as well - i thought the league standard was to allow a bid unit to a territory even if it had none.

apparently it was changed from 2014 rules.  brand new!

• The more you know!

• We bid allies at 19, under standard placement restrictions.

• Cool beans. +18 (riposte!)

• +17  :-D

• Yours at 17! Let us know your bid placements and we’ll get G1 up as soon as we can :-)

• Take 2:

+1 UK inf Gibraltar [3 IPCs]
    +1 UK inf United Kingdom [3 IPCs]
    +1 France inf France [3 IPCs]
    +1 USSR artillery Amur [4 IPCs]
    +1 USSR mech inf Buryatia [4 IPCs]

M_I_R: UK, USA, China
    pr0c3ss: USSR, France, Anzac

Awaiting G1…

• '20 '19 '18 '15 '13

Sorry, can you guys PM me your email addresses so I can get the game set up?

• '20 '19 '18 '15 '13

Still waiting for one more email address…

• The Axis hordes are eager to take over the world! :evil:

• '20 '19 '18 '15 '13

TripleA Move Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans buy 1 armour, 1 carrier and 1 destroyer; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Germans
                1 fighter moved from Norway to 111 Sea Zone
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Germany to 111 Sea Zone
                1 battleship moved from 113 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
                1 bomber moved from Germany to 111 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Holland Belgium to 111 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 118 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 124 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 103 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
                2 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers moved from Western Germany to 110 Sea Zone
                1 bomber moved from Germany to 110 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 108 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 117 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
                3 armour, 2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Holland Belgium to France
                1 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to France
                2 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Greater Southern Germany to Yugoslavia
                1 armour moved from Romania to Yugoslavia
                1 armour moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
                1 armour moved from Poland to Yugoslavia
                2 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to Southern France
                1 mech_infantry moved from Western Germany to Southern France
                1 artillery, 3 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to France
                1 fighter moved from Slovakia Hungary to Southern France
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Poland to Yugoslavia

• '20 '19 '18 '15 '13

ok, ready for scramble orders!

Sorry, never set a game up for more than two people before, so guessed at how to do it. Let me know if there are any issues for anyone accessing the games…

• No scrambles; do your worst  :evil:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m