Rule clarification for new player

• I have recently played Axis & Allies for the first time but there are a couple of the rules I am not sure we are playing correctly.

1. Strategic Bombing.
      The anti aircraft gun is getting a shot in when the bomber first enters the territory during the combat move. The antiaircraft gun then has a second shot during the combat phase. Is this correct or should it only have one shot?

2. Transport
      The diagram in the rules on page 30 shows an infantryman in every combination that a transport can carry. Does this prevent a combination without an infantryman. for example can a transport carry two tanks or two artillery?

1. the AA only gets “1” shot. It gets this shot:
      i) if the bmb flies over the territory on the way to an attack
      ii) if the bmb is part of an attack on this territory
      iii) if the bmb is doing a strategic bombing run on this territory.

the AA does NOT get a shot for non-combat moves over a territory with an AA on it.

1. AFAIK - the trn can only carry those combinations. It may NOT carry 2 armor (if that were true, then i’ve wasted all of the games i’ve played). It MAY carry two artillery as far as i remember.

• Thanks a lot very helpful

• according to the operations manual page 30 the transport may carry any land unit and a infantry… so i don’t reckon that you could carry two arts… unless your using a diffrent set of rules… or updated ??

but then again it seems every set has its own rules… slightly diffrent from the last set…
    could be you transports may only carry two men… or a tank if its 2nd edition…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m