Suggestions on American Stratergy

• Good day.  I am finally playing the US in the Global 39 game and I am interested in any suggestions for playing the US in this game.  I have already been drawn into the war on round 4 by a surprise Japanese attack.  Fortunately it was a small fleet.  I had an production level of 58 at the time.  I had built 6 destroyers in the previous rounds all for the Atlantic side.  Gotta kill the u-boats.  On my first full production round, I attempted a 20IPC lend to the FEC and the ANZAC player inorder to upgrade their factories.  The FEC received half while the full amount went through to the ANZACs.

I have landed in Rio De Oro which is in UK hands.  In the previous versions of the game, Gibraltor is with in reach of the US naval bases. A shuttle system is easy.  In “39”, it takes two turns and you end up with a fleet just sitting in the Atlantic.  I can hear the wolf packs howling now.  It was suggested by one of the other players to build the naval base in Panama on the Atlantic side.  A minor IC would be handy there as well.  I have played the US to be more invasion oriented on the Atlantic side and more of the hunting type of fleet on the Pacific side but I am always looking to learn more about the game.  Thanks.

• Max lend lease every turn and massive strategic bombing. build a fleet in the pacific, but doen’t put much into a european army.

• So you play to keep the axis from getting the victory cities rather than to defeat the axis by taking their capitols.  So the US player is reduced to being a bank and a harassment to the Japanese. Thanks for the option.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m