• Does it make sense to put an IC on the Philippines on US2, assuming J3 DOW?  By that time, Allies can move quite a stack over there, including two more inf and ftrs (from Hawaii) on the islands themselves.  If Japan commits, he can take it np, but at the cost of reducing his fleet/air force.  As America, I’d be happy to trade TUV even at a parity loss and then follow up with a second fleet; wouldn’t mind spending the extra 12 bucks to do it neither, especially as I don’t think that factory would be nearly as useful for Japan.  But more importantly, it slows him down a turn, and his J3 production will probably still be in the 30’s range.  However, if for some reason Japan doesn’t take it, then I can build a couple more capital ships stocked with allied ftrs (including mine from the west coast) and be firmly entrenched deep in the westpac striking distance from Japan - an effective threat/deterrent indeed.

Of course since this could only work on J3 DOW, I wonder if it would be a useful response to the sealion, which requires a J3 DOW and a Pacific victory.  It makes sense to me, but I haven’t played it out b/c my games are few and far between, and so my experience is limited as well.  Flipping through strategy posts, I haven’t heard any mention of it, so I’m wondering if I’m missing something obvious.

• 3 things:

1. It’s illegal (no ICs on islands [Japan is the exception])

2. Japan will most likely DoW J2 if the US did this if this was house ruled. A properly executed J3 has decent threat of a J2 to prevent UK from getting greedy.

3. This is the Pacific forum, so Germany and Operation Sealion don’t exist.

• Whoops.  Glossed over that part of the rule I guess and didn’t notice the forum header, sry.  Didn’t quite catch your second point - in Pac theater, does US go before Japan?  Thx for taking the time to catch me up to speed.

• Oops, didn’t realize you were planning on building it US 2. US does not go before Japan.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m