14L Playoff Soulblighter (Axis) vs Shin Ji (Allies +17)

• '15

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Round: 8

Combat Move - French
                Turning on Edit Mode
                EDIT: Removing units owned by ANZAC from 91 Sea Zone: 1 transport
                EDIT: Adding units owned by ANZAC to 64 Sea Zone: 1 transport
                EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Turn Complete - French

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Round: 9

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans buy 3 armour, 4 bombers and 3 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Germans
                1 bomber moved from Iraq to 39 Sea Zone

Combat - Germans
                Battle in 39 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 1 bomber
                    British defend with 1 transport
                    Germans win with 1 bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                    Casualties for British: 1 transport

Non Combat Move - Germans
                1 bomber moved from 39 Sea Zone to Iraq
                2 mech_infantrys moved from Samara to Bryansk
                3 mech_infantrys moved from Novgorod to Bryansk
                3 armour moved from Volgograd to Bryansk
                1 infantry moved from Vologda to Samara
                1 infantry moved from Smolensk to Vologda
                1 infantry moved from Nenetsia to Urals
                5 bombers moved from Bryansk to Western Germany

Place Units - Germans
                4 bombers placed in Western Germany
                3 mech_infantrys placed in Novgorod
                3 armour placed in Volgograd

Turn Complete - Germans
                Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 2
                    Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 97 Sea Zone. Rolls: 2,6,6,3,4,2,3,6,5,2
                Germans collect 56 PUs (2 lost to blockades); end with 56 PUs total
                Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 61 PUs
                Objective Germans 3 Control Caucasus: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 66 PUs
                Objective Germans 2 Control Novgorod Or Volgograd Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 76 PUs

• '15

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Purchase Units - Russians
                Russians buy 1 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Russians
                5 armour, 10 artilleries, 1 bomber, 2 fighters, 54 infantry, 17 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Russia to Samara

Combat - Russians
                Battle in Samara
                    Russians attack with 5 armour, 10 artilleries, 1 bomber, 2 fighters, 54 infantry, 17 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Germans defend with 1 infantry
                    Russians win, taking Samara from Germans with 5 armour, 10 artilleries, 1 bomber, 2 fighters, 54 infantry, 17 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Russians
                4 aaGuns moved from Russia to Samara
                2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Samara to Yunnan
                1 bomber moved from Samara to India

Place Units - Russians
                1 infantry placed in Russia

Turn Complete - Russians
                Russians collect 4 PUs; end with 4 PUs total

• '15

Frenchies be like

“Guys?”

“Uhhh, guys”

• The french were watching the “Home Alone” movies. Hence they were forgotten.

• TripleA Move Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Purchase Units - Japanese
                Japanese buy 7 infantry and 3 tactical_bombers; Remaining resources: 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 4 PUs;

Combat Move - Japanese
                7 fighters moved from Japan to 15 Sea Zone
                6 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Caroline Islands to 33 Sea Zone
                6 artilleries, 2 battleships, 2 cruisers, 6 infantry and 6 transports moved from 33 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
                6 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
                2 fighters, 1 submarine and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 33 Sea Zone to 49 Sea Zone
                2 fighters, 1 submarine and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 33 Sea Zone to 46 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 33 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Purchase Units - Japanese
                Japanese buy 7 infantry and 3 tactical_bombers; Remaining resources: 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 4 PUs;

Combat Move - Japanese
                7 fighters moved from Japan to 15 Sea Zone
                6 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Caroline Islands to 33 Sea Zone
                6 artilleries, 2 battleships, 2 cruisers, 6 infantry and 6 transports moved from 33 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
                6 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
                2 fighters, 1 submarine and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 33 Sea Zone to 49 Sea Zone
                2 fighters, 1 submarine and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 33 Sea Zone to 46 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 33 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone

Combat - Japanese
                Battle in Hawaiian Islands
                    Japanese attack with 6 artilleries and 6 infantry
                    Americans defend with 1 airfield, 1 harbour and 2 infantry
                        Japanese roll dice for 2 battleships and 2 cruisers in Hawaiian Islands, round 2 :  3/4 hits
                        Americans roll dice for 2 infantry in Hawaiian Islands, round 2 :  0/2 hits
                        2 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Hawaiian Islands
                    Japanese win, taking Hawaiian Islands from Americans with 6 artilleries and 6 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                    Casualties for Americans: 2 infantry
                Battle in 15 Sea Zone
                    Japanese attack with 7 fighters
                    Americans defend with 2 carriers, 1 destroyer, 4 infantry, 4 mech_infantrys and 7 transports
                        Japanese roll dice for 7 fighters in 15 Sea Zone, round 2 :  4/7 hits
                    Units damaged: 1 carrier owned by the Americans
                        Americans roll dice for 2 carriers, 1 destroyer and 7 transports in 15 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/3 hits
                        1 destroyer owned by the Americans and 1 carrier owned by the Americans lost in 15 Sea Zone
                        Japanese roll dice for 7 fighters in 15 Sea Zone, round 3 :  5/7 hits
                        Americans roll dice for 1 carrier and 7 transports in 15 Sea Zone, round 3 :  0/1 hits
                        1 mech_infantry owned by the Americans, 1 carrier owned by the Americans, 4 transports owned by the Americans and 1 infantry owned by the Americans lost in 15 Sea Zone
                        3 mech_infantrys owned by the Americans, 3 transports owned by the Americans and 3 infantry owned by the Americans lost in 15 Sea Zone
                    Japanese win with 7 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is 117
                    Casualties for Americans: 2 carriers, 1 destroyer, 4 infantry, 4 mech_infantrys and 7 transports
                Battle in 42 Sea Zone
                    Japanese attack with 1 submarine
                    ANZAC defend with 1 transport
                        1 transport owned by the ANZAC lost in 42 Sea Zone
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 42 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                    Japanese win, taking 42 Sea Zone from ANZAC with 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                    Casualties for ANZAC: 1 transport
                Battle in 46 Sea Zone
                    Japanese attack with 2 fighters, 1 submarine and 2 tactical_bombers
                    ANZAC defend with 1 destroyer
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 46 Sea Zone, round 2 :  1/1 hits
                        ANZAC roll dice for 1 destroyer in 46 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        1 destroyer owned by the ANZAC lost in 46 Sea Zone
                    Japanese win with 2 fighters, 1 submarine and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                    Casualties for ANZAC: 1 destroyer
                Battle in 49 Sea Zone
                    Japanese attack with 2 fighters, 1 submarine and 2 tactical_bombers
                    ANZAC defend with 1 destroyer
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 49 Sea Zone, round 2 :  1/1 hits
                        ANZAC roll dice for 1 destroyer in 49 Sea Zone, round 2 :  1/1 hits
                        1 destroyer owned by the ANZAC and 1 submarine owned by the Japanese lost in 49 Sea Zone
                    Japanese win with 2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 2
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 submarine
                    Casualties for ANZAC: 1 destroyer

Non Combat Move - Japanese
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 49 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
                8 carriers, 3 destroyers and 1 submarine moved from 33 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
                7 fighters moved from 15 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 46 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from Korea to Amur
                1 infantry moved from Timguska to Kansu
                1 infantry moved from Novosibirsk to Tsinghai
                1 destroyer moved from 19 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone

Place Units - Japanese
                7 infantry and 3 tactical_bombers placed in Japan

Turn Complete - Japanese
                Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 4
                    Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 44 Sea Zone. Rolls: 3,5
                    Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 6 Sea Zone. Rolls: 6,1
                Japanese collect 44 PUs (4 lost to blockades); end with 48 PUs total
                Objective Japanese 3 Control Honolulu Or Sydney Or Calcutta Or Western United States: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 53 PUs

• '15

Did not see that coming.  Should have, but didn’t.

• The empire strikes back. T.B.H. I was prepared to take heavy losses. I hope you now understand why I was willing to let you redo your allied turn. Shantung was a mistake, which is why I never really considered the fact that you would actually go after it. I guess that was a mistake as well on my part anyways. Good game so far. Not that many mistakes on both sides. A few here and there I guess.

EDIT: notice you typed a message while I was typing. Yes you should have seen it coming. You should have blocked it with destroyers and that would have meant not attacking Shangtung (which is why I consider it a mistake). You were being to greedy.

• '15

Well, what I missed was that you could just move the fleet into Hawaii - which I did expect - but I didn’t realize that would provide a landing area for the planes.

Anyway, that’s game.  I can’t even effectively defend LA at this point.  I needed to wrap up Japan quick, and since that didn’t happen, the Axis win in Europe will.

Good game, though!  I’ve learned a great deal.  Thanks.

• Thanks! B.T.W. the fact that the Italians managed to grab the middle east with a single transport was extremely important for me in this game. It would have been a completely different game otherwise.

Question tho. Would you still have gone for shangtung had you known what you know now?

• '15

I’m not sure.  I needed to find a way to let my fleet be safe over there, but factoring in the rule about not combining combat and NCMs, I probably would not have gone for a SZ6 stranglehold strat in the first place.  It’s so easily messed with factoring in tht rule.

I’ve seen people talk about that - it’s the “loophole” that some want closed, right?

I need to think of a new way to kill Japan.

• '15

Oh, and I agree having Iraq was pivotal.  There was just not a lot I could do about it, sadly.

• @Shin:

I’m not sure.  I needed to find a way to let my fleet be safe over there, but factoring in the rule about not combining combat and NCMs, I probably would not have gone for a SZ6 stranglehold strat in the first place.  It’s so easily messed with factoring in tht rule.

I’ve seen people talk about that - it’s the “loophole” that some want closed, right?

I need to think of a new way to kill Japan.

Didn’t know some want to close that “loophole”. The only way to close it, would be to allow naval units to move during both the cm/ncm phase. The way it currently is, it also helps the allies. The destroyer that is often placed at Z36 to prevent Japanese ground units to be loaded upon transports is probably the best example.

Also something else I am wondering. I knew you would go after Korea. Which is why I placed my minor in Shangtung. I considered placing the minor in Manchuria, but I really wanted you to invade korea (to get rid of the troops as I did). Would you have attacked Korea if I had build that minor in Manchuria?

• '15

THe main reason I attacked Korea was to force you to attack with just the 1 Inf and all the planes you wanted.  I had hoped to shoot down a few planes, was all.  Also, leaving them in Iwo was a death sentence.  So they had to go somewhere.  So I would have likely attacked Korea regardless.

• @Shin:

THe main reason I attacked Korea was to force you to attack with just the 1 Inf and all the planes you wanted.  I had hoped to shoot down a few planes, was all.  Also, leaving them in Iwo was a death sentence.  So they had to go somewhere.  So I would have likely attacked Korea regardless.

Makes sense. I guess I was over thinking things.

Something else you might have known was coming, but if you hadn’t stacked Egypt this turn, I probably would have send all my air to kill whatever was there. Then the next turn I could have used my Italian stack to march towards Egypt. The only way you could have avoided this, was moving back your troops from Trans- Jordan. Not to mention as an added bonus, the planes would then be closer to the Russian stack.

I am also guessing you would have moved your UK fleet back to 106, which would have allowed me to do this.

• '15

Oh, I was def aware of that possibility.  Even your bombers in Bryansk could reach.  That’s why I left the French there.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m