• What do you think about a setup with a stronf navy in Black Sea?

While Turkey is netrual, that’s unoffensive, but germany would attack it tryng to buy ships in romania and then take caucasus easy.

For example 1 battleship, 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer

A

• I don’t think it’s a good use of Soviet resources.  If Germany drops fleet in the Black sea, Allied planes can destroy it.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@IKE:

I don’t think it’s a good use of Soviet resources.  If Germany drops fleet in the Black sea, Allied planes can destroy it.

That should probably read “Axis planes”. But there would be no reason for the Axis to do that: they can ignore the fleet and happily crush a Russia that is not defended by the land units that should have been bought instead of that expensive fleet. It’s by no means a necessity for the Axis to control the Black Sea, and while buying ships there is a strategy that has been discussed on this forum, spending Russian money to stop that plan is not a good idea.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@Herr:

@IKE:

I don’t think it’s a good use of Soviet resources.  If Germany drops fleet in the Black sea, Allied planes can destroy it.

That should probably read “Axis planes”. But there would be no reason for the Axis to do that: they can ignore the fleet and happily crush a Russia that is not defended by the land units that should have been bought instead of that expensive fleet. It’s by no means a necessity for the Axis to control the Black Sea, and while buying ships there is a strategy that has been discussed on this forum, spending Russian money to stop that plan is not a good idea.

Oops…. my bad. I was thinking of the global game and didn’t notice the forum I posted this in. I think that my comment would apply there as well, but I haven’t looked at Europe 1940 enough to make such a definitive statement. Sorry.

• I think it’s a great idea.  Also a Soviet sub or two in the Pacific off Amur might help dissuade a Japanese invasion.

They should look into this during the next Alpha revision.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m