• I would do what you said Captain Carter. I like a strong, agressive UK. And two Fts for UK is better than one.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@TheMethuselah:

If you get a bid at 25+, how would you spend it?

8 inf in Yunnan.

• @Herr:

@TheMethuselah:

8 inf in Yunnan.

Assuming you go with the house rule where you have no limit to the number of units you can place on a territory, of course.  I would consider 8 inf in france :)

• Allies have won the last 2 games Nippon & I have played F2F.  He went J2G2 I believe, I went J1G3.  We both used to G to assist Italy at the expense of progress in Russia.  Even with a strong Italy (>30) it doesn’t matter if G can’t push the Russians back to Moscow and take it.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@ghr2:

@Herr:

@TheMethuselah:

8 inf in Yunnan.

Assuming you go with the house rule where you have no limit to the number of units you can place on a territory, of course.  I would consider 8 inf in france :)

I’ve been thinking about France, but Germany can still kill it, even though it’s costly. But if I could put them all into Yunnan, then Japan can’t kill them, and will soon be facing a Chinese army of 20-30 units. They’ll need to invest so much to control China that the US can afford to spend more in the Atlantic.

But if I can’t put all of them in the same territory, maybe I’d still buy Chinese. Anything to bother Japan.

• 8 inf in Yunnan would be game over for axis… Would be really fun to play as allies in that game :).

I played it out with a bid of 8 inf for France as well. All Germany does is not attack 111, and hit France with 3 figs, 3 tacs, a bomber, and all her ground that can reach. You win with an average of 14.75 units left, so that bid doesn’t really do you much.

Another bid you could do with 25, that is legal, is fig for Scotland, sub in 110, sub in 98, and inf in Alexandria.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@ghr2:

@Herr:

@TheMethuselah:

8 inf in Yunnan.

Precisely why we have a league rule against more than one unit per territory. :P

What about locking up the Pacific with the bid?  Any thoughts there, or is really Euro-Centric only?

• @Cmdr:

@ghr2:

@Herr:

@TheMethuselah:

8 inf in Yunnan.

Assuming you go with the house rule where you have no limit to the number of units you can place on a territory, of course.�  I would consider 8 inf in france :)

Precisely why we have a league rule against more than one unit per territory. :P

What about locking up the Pacific with the bid?  Any thoughts there, or is really Euro-Centric only?

I’ve thought about pacific bids, and none of them seem to do much of anything… Problem is Japan has 21 planes. lol.

Yea, they may have too many planes…  Or maybe we just need more sea zones in the South Pacific to cut down on their range…oh well.

• Honestly I think the map on the pacific side is perfectly fine. Japan doesn’t want her planes all the way out in the south pacific anyways. I think the problem with the map lies in the med where German planes can hit everywhere!

@theROCmonster:

Honestly I think the map on the pacific side is perfectly fine. Japan doesn’t want her planes all the way out in the south pacific anyways. I think the problem with the map lies in the med where German planes can hit everywhere!

a

Airbase down in the SE Asia area can give Japan’s airpower virtually the entire Pacific (well of the area that matters anyway) range.

• Bombers in the Philippines have ridiculous range.

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

Well isn’t German bombers in Philippines what we’ve been talking about? Or even G bombers off a newly purchased coastal AirBase in Asia, like FIC or Kwangsi, where the bombers can still launch most places and still land on islands (eg Carolines.) Of course Japanese bombers can do the same, for the knock out blow. But it seems like the 3 German bombers to the Far East play is pretty potent, and the one up for consideration.

I can’t envision a perfect strategy in a dice game, but I suppose if one did exist, it would probably exploit the movement advantage of air, and the turn order advantage of having Japan follow Germany with only Russia in between. So I guess this seems like a reasonable candidate. I don’t know about perfection though hehe. Perfection is a pretty high standard  
    :-D

• I feel like a perfect strat can only be obtained by the axis. The allies just have to wait and wait and wait and, even with perfect play, loose. LOL.

The German bombers to the pacific might be game breaking I would agree on that. This is a lot more so if US has spent heavily on the Europe side.

Does anyone know what Russia did with his fleet off Vladivostok in the war?

• You wanted a perfect strategy.  I gave it.  Please ready my post.  Now folks want to rename it… and others want to change the rules !  :)  Irony!

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

@Black_Elk:

Well isn’t German bombers in Philippines what we’ve been talking about? Or even G bombers off a newly purchased coastal AirBase in Asia, like FIC or Kwangsi, where the bombers can still launch most places and still land on islands (eg Carolines.) Of course Japanese bombers can do the same, for the knock out blow. But it seems like the 3 German bombers to the Far East play is pretty potent, and the one up for consideration.

I can’t envision a perfect strategy in a dice game, but I suppose if one did exist, it would probably exploit the movement advantage of air, and the turn order advantage of having Japan follow Germany with only Russia in between. So I guess this seems like a reasonable candidate. I don’t know about perfection though hehe. Perfection is a pretty high standard  

please explain. You should consider 3 german bombers to help japan:
    1. About what round are they going to arrive at philippines?
    2. How are you going to fly them there to make sure they are not hit on the way over
    3. Exactely what are they going to do over there?
    Thanks!

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

@theROCmonster:

8 inf in Yunnan would be game over for axis… Would be really fun to play as allies in that game :).

I played it out with a bid of 8 inf for France as well. All Germany does is not attack 111, and hit France with 3 figs, 3 tacs, a bomber, and all her ground that can reach. You win with an average of 14.75 units left, so that bid doesn’t really do you much.

Another bid you could do with 25, that is legal, is fig for Scotland, sub in 110, sub in 98, and inf in Alexandria.

Well, kind of similar, but you can bid 12 for China and put a inf in each of Yunnan, Hunan, Kweichow and Szechwan then on China 1 you stack Yunnan. meanwhile on R1 you declared war on japan bought a fighter and moved novgorod plane to Russia and moved mech and armor to sikang. Then on Russia 2 you move four russian planes a mech and armor to Yunnan and stack with the expected 10 chinese dudes.

Japan will kill this on J2, but they WILL loose all their ground fource in the south east with a few planes. You can combine this with UK forces to china on UK2, thoughts?

IMHO, only a well coordinated Allied offensive into SE Asia early in the game could be considered a valid strategy against Japan.

I’m talking an early DOW by Russia so they can move in Fighters early and armor/mech/infantry soon after, England going to war early again to reinforce China.  The idea being that they have to crush the Japanese offensive and/or give China insane amounts of Artillery (as well as keeping their fighter) so Japan’s kicked off the mainland by round 9/10.  Just my opinion and I do not say my opinion is perfect.

On a side note, that should also help to keep the Germans from being able to move their Strategics over in the first place.

Add in an American navy for the first few rounds (just enough to prevent Japan from taking Australia) and Japan could be in a world of hurt - not conquered, but limited and that’s a good start!  American and British interference in N. Africa/West Europe with a turtling Russia should slow and turn back the Germans (I hope.)

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

To the question posed by oysteilo.

I don’t see a good way to get the bombers into range until later rounds, when the launches become easier. One possible transit in the earlier rounds is from W. Germany on G2, clears sz 97 or 96, then lands somewhere on the east coast of Africa. Then transits to Sumatra or Shan state. But this is by no means a guarantee, and the British player could threaten the play on UK1 if they focus on the landing pads in Ethiopia, It. Somaliland etc. More likely would be a transit that starts a few rounds later, and tries to set up a transit that has the bombers arriving in the far east after the 6th round or later.

What they do when they arrive is to can open for Japan, preventing destroyer blocks to give the IJN more freedom of movement, or pick off undefended or lighty defended transports. This is usually around the time when the USN is pressing in on them, so the Germers bombers are used there to clear sz lanes before UK/US has a chance to move.

I wouldn’t say its full proof or perfect, but it is interesting, since it exploits the turn order advantage the has Japan moving right after Germany (with only the soviets between them.)

• With the rules as they are , I will say YES!

There is a perfect strategy for the Allies.

Will not mention it though, because if i do, they will change the rules of this game.

In fact, I shall not even give a hint … because I truly love this game as it is.

All Iam willing to say is that… If I were to play Allies… i do not want ANY money… in fact Iam willing to GIVE the AXIS 10 IPC .

You may think iam arrogent, but i assure iam not.  If i tell it, then , everyone is going to slap their foreheads and say …  “Of course”…  and then will come a Rule Change.

With TMG, already there are people asking for rule changes… not giving me credit for the name etc…  that is as far as i would like to stretch it.

Started playing ( in fact “discovered” ) GLOBAL in Oct 2013…  and believe iam very proficient in it.

There is ONE guaranteed way , with current rules ALLIES will always win.

I leave it you all to come up with it.

MeinHerr

PS: It always amuses me , when i see 25 IPC bid for Allies from Axis… and i shake my head… oh… if you only knew…  :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m