Wondering about historic accuracy of Axis victory conditions.

• '14 Customizer

That’s really interesting MightyChris.

• @knp7765:

So, my question is, if this situation were to occur back in the 40s, do you think it would have been an actual win for Germany and Italy? Would the Allies had sued for peace with Germany or kept going?
    I am thinking that the US and UK would keep going. The US already has a strong fleet in Gibraltar so Sealion can probably be prevented.
    If Russia would have actually fallen during the war, would the Western Allies have sued for peace?
    As far as this game is concerned, I think that if we kept playing this out the US would eventually win. As big as Germany is right now, it would still be hard for them to keep resisting the US advances and fend off forces from India and ANZAC. Then again, a strong Italy might make the difference.
    So what do you guys think? Would this situation be an actual victory? OR, just a victory for game purposes?

It would depend on the year in which the Soviet Union fell. If it was in 1941/42 at the height of Axis power in Europe and the Atomic Bomb years away then yes I think they would have sued for peace.

If it was post 1943 when the US and Comonwealth forces where finally getting up to speed in terms of technology and battlefield tactics when who knows.

• Not to mention the capture of the Persian Gulf oil fields by the axis.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m