2015 League Post Game Results Here

• @Gamerman01:

Alright dudes, I don’t mind some discussion in the game results thread, but I think we’ve reached the point where I want to request that the discussion about too many German bombers be taken elsewhere - thanks

actually, the discussion was started weeks ago here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=35390.new;topicseen#new

and some play testing has been kicked off as a result of the discussions

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

OH SHI……

images.png

• Oh, Karl, aren’t those “tactical bombers”?  They only have a range of 4 - no problem!

@Gamerman01:

Oh, Karl, aren’t those “tactical bombers”?  They only have a range of 4 - no problem!
    [/quote

Those are JU 88’s!  The same bombers used for the A&A bomber sculpt.

@Karl7:

@Gamerman01:

Oh, Karl, aren’t those “tactical bombers”?  They only have a range of 4 - no problem!
    [/quote

Those are JU 88’s!  The same bombers used for the A&A bomber sculpt.
    [/quote]

Well, I stand corrected.  They are He 111.  Even bigger than the 88’s!

• no need to worry tho, they must not be bmnielsen’s, since there are only 3 of them…

• '17

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=35440.75

cyanight (Allies +12) over wheatbeer (Axis)

Catastrophic failure in Moscow.

• '12

@wheatbeer:

whoa!

• '16 '15 '10

@wheatbeer:

Ouch!  Germany had good odds (86%)….but a 14% chance is still a decent chance I guess.

Shin Ji Axis over Karl7

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=35530.180

2 times Shin Ji has trounced me with the german bomber strategy. I hate to say it, but I too am starting to wonder if the game is broken…

• Germans win, taking Egypt from British with 11 armour, 22 bombers, 20 mech_infantrys and 5 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 348

…… omg! that’s gotta be a record!

yah karl, welcome to the “i’m starting to not like playing this game b/c of this stupid unrealistic all-bomber strategy” club…EVEN if there was a way to beat it, i doubt it’d be very consistent, and it’d still be super hard (and very stressful) to play against this strategy. it’s just too easy for germany to dominate everything with 20 or 30 bombers

after my championship game with bmnielsen, i am seriously considering just not playing anyone who employs this strategy. i’ll have to come up with some agreed-upon house rule that caps the number of bombers germany can buy in the early rounds, but i’m not really sure what the specifics would be. i have to think about it some more

• '12

@axis-dominion:

Germans win, taking Egypt from British with 11 armour, 22 bombers, 20 mech_infantrys and 5 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 348

yah karl, welcome to the “i’m starting to not like playing this game b/c of this stupid unrealistic all-bomber strategy” club…EVEN if there was a way to beat it, i doubt it’d be very consistent, and it’d still be super hard (and very stressful) to play against this strategy. it’s just too easy for germany to dominate everything with 20 or 30 bombers

after my championship game with bmnielsen, i am seriously considering just not playing anyone who employs this strategy. i’ll have to come up with some agreed-upon house rule that caps the number of bombers germany can buy in the early rounds, but i’m not really sure what the specifics would be. i have to think about it some more

cmon man, embrace the challenge!!  :-)  gotta love it.

• '12

@Boldfresh:

@axis-dominion:

Germans win, taking Egypt from British with 11 armour, 22 bombers, 20 mech_infantrys and 5 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 348

cmon man, embrace the challenge!!   :-)  gotta love it.

karl, were you diced hard in this battle or were you taking a 0.0000000001% stand here?

@Boldfresh:

@Boldfresh:

@axis-dominion:

cmon man, embrace the challenge!!   :-)  gotta love it.

karl, were you diced hard in this battle or were you taking a 0.0000000001% stand here?

I didn’t look at the numbers, but I think Shin Ji had the advantage.

BUT, insult to injury, I also get diced.  I rolled 39 ftrs in defense and got 23 – less than 50%.

The MARTI server likes to kick you while  you are down.

• @Boldfresh:

cmon man, embrace the challenge!!� �:-)� gotta love it.

as if playing against the more conventional axis strategies isn’t challenging enough??

• '15

I had a 100%++ win chance.  We had the same power, but I had about 40 more units.  THe outcome was never really in doubt.

• '12

@Karl7:

@Boldfresh:

@Boldfresh:

@axis-dominion:

cmon man, embrace the challenge!!� �:-)� gotta love it.

I didn’t look at the numbers, but I think Shin Ji had the advantage.

BUT, insult to injury, I also get diced.� I rolled 39 ftrs in defense and got 23 – less than 50%.

The MARTI server likes to kick you while� you are down.

23 of 39 is 58.9% Karl…

23 of 39 is more than 50%… yes, I was confused.  Probably in shock and awe of Shin Ji’s bombers!

Shin is right…. he had a bunch of fodder, I had basically none.

• '15

I’d like to note that I only had about 22 bombers at the time, and it was round 14.  So, pretty conservative as far as bomber stacks go.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m