2015 League Post Game Results Here

• Yeah, it still works.

Elite doesn’t mean very few will be in it - I needed a tier that was higher than #1.  #0 just doesn’t cut it.  What’s better than #1?  Elite.

• I agree with your point, and did think briefly about changing the cutoffs, but I’m pretty sure the majority of players enjoy the “grade inflation”

A “C” in school just isn’t “average” anymore…… a “B” is…  :lol:

So tier 2 is the new tier 3, I guess you could say

• I remember the squawking about the negative points for losses, even though it was really exactly the same effect as we have now……  :-D

• mrcunego(Axis) wins over bonusbent(Allies)

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=35242.0

• wheatbeer (axis – of course) just ended my substantial winning streak:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=34802.390

very well played. he’s certainly under-rated so far this season (like me, he had a bad start to the season).

this was quite the epic game, going to round 27…i thought i had a really good game going, but he made some clever maneuvers that i ultimately fell for (his japan play is annoyingly clever)

hey, if you think losing moscow is bad, try losing it TWICE in one game!

• '22 '16

bonusbent (axis) gives majikforce a butt whooping!  Welcome to the league!
    [urlhttp://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=35191.0]

• @axis-dominion:

wheatbeer (axis – of course) just ended my substantial winning streak:

very well played. he’s certainly under-rated so far this season (like me, he had a bad start to the season).

Oh, for sure.  He just hasn’t had many game results the past few months that would correct it.  Here’s one though!  :-)

• @Gamerman01:

@axis-dominion:

wheatbeer (axis – of course) just ended my substantial winning streak:

Oh, for sure.  He just hasn’t had many game results the past few months that would correct it.  Here’s one though!  :-)

Well, he got sucked into WaW…

• '17

I have some more losses in the pipeline … so I dunno if I’ll make it to tier E … Maybe next season  :lol:

• Well, all’s right with the world now that you’re back to tier 1 with a 3.86.  All losses have been to tier E’s - no shame in that

• '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

• Balladeer (axis) defeats ArtofWar (allies+14).

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?action=post;topic=35311.105

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Shin Ji Axis over Karl7 Allies

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=35510.135

THIS:

Battle in 96 Sea Zone
                    British attack with 1 cruiser, 1 fighter and 1 transport
                    Italians defend with 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                    1 transport owned by the British retreated to 98 Sea Zone
                    Italians win with 1 destroyer and 1 transport remaining. Battle score for attacker is -22
                    Casualties for British: 1 cruiser and 1 fighter
                Battle in 97 Sea Zone
                    British attack with 1 bomber, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters and 1 submarine
                    Germans defend with 1 tactical_bomber; Italians defend with 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 2 fighters and 1 transport
                    Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Italians
                    Units damaged: 1 carrier owned by the British
                    Italians win with 1 transport remaining. Battle score for attacker is -11
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 tactical_bomber
                    Casualties for British: 1 bomber, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters and 1 submarine
                    Casualties for Italians: 1 battleship, 1 cruiser and 2 fighters

Allowed Italy to capture Egypt It1.  Unbelievable. The allies rallied to crush Japan but couldn’t reroute to Europe quick enough to save Moscow from Germany’s dozens of bombers.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

• how many times are you guys gonna lose to each other  :lol:

@Karl7:

THIS:

Battle in 96 Sea Zone
                    Italians win with 1 destroyer and 1 transport remaining. Battle score for attacker is -22
                Battle in 97 Sea Zone
                    British attack with 1 bomber, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters and 1 submarine
                    Germans defend with 1 tactical_bomber; Italians defend with 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 2 fighters and 1 transport
                    Casualties for British: 1 bomber, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters and 1 submarine

Allowed Italy to capture Egypt It1.  Unbelievable. The allies rallied to crush Japan but couldn’t reroute to Europe quick enough to save Moscow from Germany’s dozens of bombers.

@axis-dominion:

how many times are you guys gonna lose to each other  :lol:

@Karl7:

THIS:

Battle in 96 Sea Zone
                Battle in 97 Sea Zone

Until someone literally dies at his computer….

• '15

Most likely of a stress-induced heart attack.  :-D

All of our games have been white knuckle jobs for real.

• bmnielsen (aka bomberman) over axis-dominion

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=35062.new;topicseen#new

when i lose as allies, it’s usually after 20-30 rounds……when i lose as allies against this ridiculous all-bomber german strategy, i lose within 10 rounds. what am i to do when faced with 27 bombers that threaten everywhere?

one thing’s for sure, at least in my mind, KJF doesn’t seem to work, as a good Japan can easily hold off while the euro axis overrun everything.

• enough good players have fallen victim to this strategy that the community is currently actively discussing what options the allies might have against it. there are several topics on this, some old and some new, and even some play testing going on to explore counter strategies.

i now have to face bmnielsen and his strategy of terror for our 2014 tier 2 finals, and have decided to accept a bid of 28 to see if that helps any. if that doesn’t work, i’m seriously considering just refusing to play anyone who employs the strategy, at least until an answer is found to what seems a problem with this game, or until we impose some kind of rule refinement or limitation for league play. the real problem IMO is not so much the bomber unit (as many are suggesting), as it is the bomber stack in the hands of the germans, as this strategy VERY much favors the germans due to their unique combination of favorable factors (such as strong starting army, high income and even greater income potential, italy for can-opening, the bombers able to reach everywhere from centralized points such as WG and SI, and germany’s need for very minimal navy)…no other country comes close as far as favorable factors for mass bomber purchasing…america is perhaps the closest, but it’s a far second IMO due to its heavy reliance on ships to get across the oceans to make a real impact, and due to its much smaller starting army. the other problem is clear: intercepting rules need some serious refinement. they suck. period.

@axis-dominion:

bmnielsen (aka bomberman) over axis-dominion

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=35062.new;topicseen#new

when i lose as allies, it’s usually after 20-30 rounds……when i lose as allies against this ridiculous all-bomber german strategy, i lose within 10 rounds. what am i to do when faced with 27 bombers that threaten everywhere?

one thing’s for sure, at least in my mind, KJF doesn’t seem to work, as a good Japan can easily hold off while the euro axis overrun everything.

• '12

There is an answer.

and?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m