Series 2 focuses on Eastern Front in Russia

• This website is receiving pre-orders of A&A Minis Series 2 …

http://www.popularcollections.com/bopaca.html

Here’s how they advertise the new series …

“War ravages snow-swept battlefields as new recruits to the Russian army are called into battle with Set 2. This exciting 45-miniature expansion for the Axis & Allies Miniatures skirmish game also introduces three new unit types (snipers, paratroopers, and cavalry) as well as troops from China, Poland, and Romania along with units from several other countries already embroiled in the Great War. The focus of Set II is the Eastern Front Set includes four new tanks: King Tiger, IS-2, Nashorn, and T-34/85. Expansion includes Chinese, Polish and Romanian miniatures.”

• :| Isn’t the Nashorn an anti tank Self propelled Gun?..Isn’t the Defining quality of a tank a turret? If it has a barbette isn’t a spg?

I was always under the impression thatthe  Stug III, Nashorn, Elephant (Ferdinand),Jagpanther,Jagtiger, weren’t tanks but spgs due to there lack of turret.

Or does it boil down to intreprettation or preference?

• one of the defining characteristics of a “tank” is the turret, this is true. but over the years the difanition of a “tank” has disolved, most people would see some armored machine of war and simply call it a tank. Armor, a big gun and some weels/treds and you got a tank, thats what it really comes down too now a days.

allthough the Jagpanther didnt have a turret it was one of the first " tanks" with if my memory serves me a reverse axel displacment set up, allowing the thing to pull a 180 in a shorter amount of time than most “tank” turrets took to rotate front to back.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m