Changing name from "League" to "Gamerman's World Rankings"?

• @Soulblighter:

In short we should name it: ICFPWDTSRLHOABG

“International competition for people who desire to spend ridiculously long hours on a board game”

This is a great post

• '15

Gamerman’s Intergalactic Ranking Roundup!

• Current system works fine. The only flaw is that last year’s playoffs overlaps next year’s regular season. Your comparison with tennis world rank system inspired me. I think we can come up with better rank system made up of “current league rank” and “tournament result” such as Garganta’s tournament and possibly other recognized tournament. The rank point you get depends on the scale of the tournament. This way we can encourage more organized tournament from all over the world so that the league will be more like a so called world league that you suggest. Hopefully we will have specific tournaments such as Garganta’s 2 vs 2 with unique oob rules or other dice tech or LL NT or LL tech or even triplea lobby live tournament.

The only problem is we must manager to finish the tournament in 1 year to make it an one year’s rank, which means we need more careful plan and group of responsible regular players who want to finish a game ASAP.

Only my pipe dream probably.  :roll:

• '16 '15 '10

Agree with the thread starter.  A “league” implies a bit more structure and typically implies that people are required to play each other pre-playoffs.  I would not object to a league system in addition to Gamerman’s ranking system.  Given the current volume of games, I believe we have sufficient people to get a ladder league going if somebody is interested in organizing it.  We can also think about hosting some tournaments.

Gamerman’s Global PBF Rankings or International A&A Global Rankings both sound good.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m