• My friend and I decided to play the Europe Theatre only. He picked to be the Axis, and I the Allies.

1st Round

He took German units and conquered all of the France.
    Moved units toward the Russian front, but did not attack
    As Italy moved Albanian soldiers into Bulgaria to help support upcoming Russian base.
    Neither Navy in the Med attacked each other.

I decided to build a defensive front around the British Isle as it appeared he was preparing for a Sea Lion Invasion.
    I also decided not to attack the Italian Navy, and try to bolster my navy in Med. Hoping he wouldn’t attack either, and I could survive until the Americans arrived. With the Americans I built a battleship and two transports.

2nd Round

More fake German preparations for a Sea Lion Invasion. More bolstering of German units along the Russian Frontier, but once again no attack. Italy attempted to take Alexandria, but was destroyed by the British.
    British continued to bolster their presence in Africa and on the Island. USA builds infantry and tanks.

3rd Round

Finally the Germans attack, but due to two rounds of inactivity the Soviets were well prepared. It gave me the chance to build “slow down” areas for attacking Germans. Lennigrad, Ukraine, and Stalingrad were filled with 3 Infantry units for 2 rounds, and Moscow received the rest.

After this I forget details of each round, but my fighting retreat in the Soviet Union was really hampering my friend’s attack. He eventually broke through, and began placing all new units in Lennigrad, South France, Normandy, Paris, and Ukraine. Neglecting to protect Germany. He only had 2 infantry units and a tank protecting the Fatherland. By this time there was a very large contingent of British transports, infantry, and tanks preparing for a Normandy invasion. After seeing an opening I decided to go for an invasion of Germany. I sent my navy to destroy the cruiser that was protecting the German coast, I then sent British troops to invade Germany. Germany fell, and Great Britain obtained her IPC’s. On the German next turn they sent all available to free Berlin. They were successful, but lost a lot of units. The USA then saw an opening using the naval base at Gibaltor, and were able to send a large amount of infantry and tanks to Western Germany. Now the USA rolled through the one infantry of defense, and was able to withstand any attacks from France and Holland. Now with an Industrial zone of 10 the USA would put 5 fighters and 5 tanks in each buy thus obliterating Germany. UK invaded Normandy, and freed France. At this all focus was then turned to Italy which stacks of infantry were destroyed very easily by the USA’s massive tanks and bomber squadrons.
      My friend was totally dumbfounded by my attacks right into the heart of the Third Reich. I usually do the Overlord Invasion, and clean up the Italian front first. This was also the first time he didn’t roll through the Soviet Union with ease. I am interested to see what his strategy will be the next time.

• @Field:

Now with an Industrial zone of 10 the USA would put 5 fighters and 5 tanks in each buy thus obliterating Germany.

Whenever you capture a Major Industrial Complex, it turns into a Minor Complex. Additionally, only the original power can restore it back to a Major Industrial Complex.

Just so you know, that shouldn’t have been possible - unless you were playing with house rules that say otherwise.

• @EnoughSaid:

@Field:

Now with an Industrial zone of 10 the USA would put 5 fighters and 5 tanks in each buy thus obliterating Germany.

Whenever you capture a Major Industrial Complex, it turns into a Minor Complex. Additionally, only the original power can restore it back to a Major Industrial Complex.

Just so you know, that shouldn’t have been possible - unless you were playing with house rules that say otherwise.

Our house rules state if you lose a Major Industrial Complex you pay the consequences.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m