Where do you expect gas prices to go for 2014?

• Hey Gang,

My wife and I filled up our vehicles gas tanks last night for $ 2.69.9 / Gal Regular which seems to be a stunning price drop over the last 3 months.

With the news of war near the Turkish border and Ukraine, I was actually expecting prices to be higher than back in July.

The only news that would lower gas prices is the airline stocks plummeting for Ebola.  Airlines mostly buy diesel, which is a heavier fraction of crude compared to gasoline.

The lack of other news reports about this price effect had the two us going over a conspiracy 4 year USA trend about this time, but we are off 2 years in the cycle.  We are not sure if this will ever be reported in the regular news outlets,  I did not even hear of this over financial media (WSJ radio), which is often very keen on prices.

I do recall prices over $4 / gallon regular while living around Chicago in 2013.  Prices hovered below the $ 4 / gallon regular as we moved to Texas.

Anyway, vote / post your thoughts, and lets see what happens after Thanksgiving.

• It will go back up after the elections.

It will be free after the Nukes.

• I once saw a television commercial for a car (I forget which brand) that was set several centuries in the future.  The commercial showed an archaeology professor and a group of grad students who had just dug up the car in question from an archaeological site.  The car is sitting at the bottom of the excavated hole (looking perfectly clean and waxed, improbable as that is), and the professor is giving his students an impromptu lecture about this historical car’s many desirable features.  He finishes by mentioning that this car got great mileage, which means that it used gasoline very efficiently.  One student raises her hand and asks, “Professor, what’s gasoline?”

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@CWO:

I once saw a television commercial for a car (I forget which brand) that was set several centuries in the future.  The commercial showed an archaeology professor and a group of grad students who had just dug up the car in question from an archaeological site.  The car is sitting at the bottom of the excavated hole (looking perfectly clean and waxed, improbable as that is), and the professor is giving his students an impromptu lecture about this historical car’s many desirable features.  He finishes by mentioning that this car got great mileage, which means that it used gasoline very efficiently.  One student raises her hand and asks, “Professor, what’s gasoline?”

I felt this way today, we moved our site office into a 100+ year old heritage building.  The electrical is totally goofy, and there are GAS POWERED lights, WTF.

Gas Powered?!?!?

Instead of a closed fuse box, it’s all open/exposed with a glass guard that says SHOCK HAZARD.  And the fuses are like these little light bulbs you screw in…. totally nuts in there!

It’s a brick building too… don’t even want to think of what’s possible in an earthquake.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

The light switches…

My prediction, gas goes below $1.00 a gallon!  I hope…

• Your going to need the price of gas to go below $ 1.00 a gallon and so you can afford the gas bill and use the brick building to protect yourselfs from these ( ###$$%$%% ) single terrorists attacks. Sorry to hear about thee attack on your country men.
    But if I know you you’ll pop um first.

• 1.00 gas would wreck the Texas economic boom, oil and gas have created tens of thousands of jobs.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

I have a friend who lives in an old house and today I am going to help her figure out why her kitchen sink has become electrified, as in you get a shock if you touch it without wearing rubber soled shoes.  The electrìcal isnt knob and tube like the switch in Gargs photo, but obviously an old corroded wire has touched an old corroded copper pipe.  So far she was able to figure that the power to the electrosink wire is not turned off by any of the circuit breakers so I think somebody has wired something directly, going around the breakers.

Anyway, gasoline will be cheap for a while until Russia has been sufficiently punished for not bending over to the west in Ukraine.  After that it will go back up and up until we run out.

• Gas prices near me now hover around 2.20 / Gal  unl after reaching lows in the 1.70’s range a few months before.

• My family has since moved from TX to CA.
    Nearby gasoline Regular varies from $5.86 - $6.49 /gal.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m