• I watched it and I’m dissapointed.
    :-( :-( :-( :-(

• I was terribly so,  the second time. Not sure I finished it actually.
    Tiger scene excellent (of course).
    I have seen pics of Tiger 131 recently. She had a run out at Bovington  a few weeks ago.

• Either they lacked on correct research or they just wanted to make the germans look awefully bad.
    What is the point?

• The veteran Pzg Battalion forgot it was carrying 20 Panzerfausts and that they were usually the best anti tank weapon, not your bare hands or a spoon.
    I liked the scene in the German town too. Made me think of the one in BofB, when those Germans are playing their classical instruments, while all around is devastation and sadness.
    It had its moments, but it is the end you remember most, I think. And that was rubbish.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I found the tiger portion frustrating.  I felt the Tiger could have easily shifted/braked a single track to maximize it’s turn radius, and that what we observed was just more Brad Pitt has to be a superstar syndrome.

I also didn’t enjoy the tone of the movie, with the whole dinner scene being what is was.

All the same, as many of you have said, better to have some WW2 flicks that are interesting, and have accurate vehicles and equipment, than to not!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Gargantua:

I found the tiger portion frustrating.  I felt the Tiger could have easily shifted/braked a single track to maximize it’s turn radius, and that what we observed was just more Brad Pitt has to be a superstar syndrome.

Seconded! I felt a little let down by it. I wanted the Tiger to be more of a drawn out enemy or challenge rather than some non-descript Boss that they get to defeat in 5 min.

• @Gargantua:

Oh,Oh Gargantua… You CAN’T do this with a Tiger.
    If You do, your tracks will rip apart in seconds and you end up as a sitting duck like the Sherman did.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Driving excavation machinery, your tracks are independent.

And even so, better to “test/pressure” your track in the dirt, than die.

I like the idea of the drawn out conflict.  2 or 3 cat+mouse battles against the same tiger would have been awesome!

• @LHoffman:

@Gargantua:

I found the tiger portion frustrating.�  I felt the Tiger could have easily shifted/braked a single track to maximize it’s turn radius, and that what we observed was just more Brad Pitt has to be a superstar syndrome.

Seconded! I felt a little let down by it. I wanted the Tiger to be more of a drawn out enemy or challenge rather than some non-descript Boss that they get to defeat in 5 min.

I think they did a good Job with BoB and the Tiger Scene (even though it was the same Tiger I on a T34 Chassis like in saving Ryan).
    He hidd, striked ,rolled out and cleared the field and retreated with the whole Battalion.
    Lot of things BoB showed was well performed.

I like Band of Brothers.

@Gargantua:

Driving excavation machinery, your tracks are independent.

And even so, better to “test/pressure” your track in the dirt, than die.

Yeah with a T34 anytime, not so with a Tiger I&II.
    Bad Tiger commander Garg  :-D. Go get me Wittmann!! :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m