• Customizer

There’s a lot of folks doing some nice work customizing. I think we need to issue some more Customizer badges. Anyone else agree?

• Sounds like a good idea to me.

• '16 Customizer

Agreed - there have been a lot of new people who have been putting out work since the last time the badges were issued.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

I agree, whole heartedly. :-)

• Customizer

Guys,

––I believe the S.O.P. is for someone to send a PM to “IL” nominating them for the badge as “IL” is in charge of awarding the Customizer badges.

––I hereby nominate “Spitfire38”  and “jwo1984” for the CUSTOMIZER badge.

Tall Paul

• Yea ill take a look.

• Customizer

@Tall:

Guys,

––I believe the S.O.P. is for someone to send a PM to “IL” nominating them for the badge as “IL” is in charge of awarding the Customizer badges.

––I hereby nominate “Spitfire38”  and “jwo1984” for the CUSTOMIZER badge.

Tall Paul

@Imperious:

Yea ill take a look.

––Thanks for your time, IL. I’ll leave it to you as I trust your judgement. All I can say is that these two are really good painting “customizers” and certainly inspire me as well as others. Thanks again.

Tall Paul

• Ok before i approve, you must all consider the value of this Badge. I’m really on the border with these. I looked at their work, but then consider 150 and 250 post counts and saw some really good paint jobs on the mini’s.

If i were to award this Badge for anybody who just posted Pictures, the Badge would not be too special. Personally, i would like to see a longer track record of posting on the site and perhaps some different types of customizer projects. A customizer must be that individual that is never happy with OOB, and constantly wants improvements to the end that is perfection. The work that both of them is great, but id just like to see more over time.

You both keep your ideas flowing and i guarantee that everything will work out. Just need more time.

Sort of look at it like a music band that had one huge hit and asking to put them in the hall of fame lifetime achievement award for contribution in music.

• '16 Customizer

Thanks for the nomination Tall Paul!

@Imperious:

If i were to award this Badge for anybody who just posted Pictures, the Badge would not be too special. Personally, i would like to see a longer track record of posting on the site and perhaps some different types of customizer projects. A customizer must be that individual that is never happy with OOB, and constantly wants improvements to the end that is perfection. The work that both of them is great, but id just like to see more over time.

Yeah, the badge should keep its value; that makes a lot of sense. I’d like to get back into posting my painting and basing tutorials that I started a few years ago. Real life tends to get busy :lol:

• Somebody should you tube a painting tutorial for AA pieces, so others can understand how it’s done.

• '16 Customizer

@Imperious:

Somebody should you tube a painting tutorial for AA pieces, so others can understand how it’s done.

Like a time lapse with comments? I typically spend about 10 hours to paint 40 infantry, so it would be difficult to do a succinct YouTube video. I guess giving general comments and showing a few key processes on film could be possible if one has a camera that can film well close up.

• Customizer

@Spitfire38:

Thanks for the nomination Tall Paul!
    ––You’re welcome. Be advised that I don’t do things just to be nice,…I have to believe in them,…as I do you. I can understand IL’s point, though. Just
    “KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK” and you should get your customizer badge one day. Tall Paul

@Imperious:

Yeah, the badge should keep its value; that makes a lot of sense. I’d like to get back into posting my painting and basing tutorials that I started a few years ago. Real life tends to get busy :lol:

• Customizer

There are many I would like to nominate and probably will in the future. At the moment I would like to publicly nominate knp7765 for the honor of the Customizer badge. For the following reasons:

1. knp paints many of his units for custom use.

2. He has an active history of participation in modifying the OOB game.

3. He participates actively in modification and house rules.

4. He has actively helped members find the resources to customize their Axis & Allies experience.

Finally I think knp7765 is a worthy example of what a customizer is and embodies all of what this badge represents.

• @toblerone77:

There are many I would like to nominate and probably will in the future. At the moment I would like to publicly nominate knp7765 for the honor of the Customizer badge. For the following reasons:

1. knp paints many of his units for custom use.

2. He has an active history of participation in modifying the OOB game.

3. He participates actively in modification and house rules.

4. He has actively helped members find the resources to customize their Axis & Allies experience.

Finally I think knp7765 is a worthy example of what a customizer is and embodies all of what this badge represents.

I’m in total agreement.

• Like a time lapse with comments? I typically spend about 10 hours to paint 40 infantry, so it would be difficult to do a succinct YouTube video. I guess giving general comments and showing a few key processes on film could be possible if one has a camera that can film well close up.

The best way to create an army of customizers is to teach them to paint. A series of videos perhaps 5 minutes long could do it.

• knp7765 and Dedo are being considered, Dedo needs more posts however.

Thanks so much for the customizer badge. It means a lot, and I know Spitfire38, will feel the same way. :-D

Thanks again!

John

• '16 Customizer

Hey mods, thank you for the customizer badge! I love being a part of this community, and I try to share what I know for the love of the game. Again, I appreciate it.

@Spitfire38:

Hey mods, thank you for the customizer badge! I love being a part of this community, and I try to share what I know for the love of the game. Again, I appreciate it.

Congratulations to you, and KNP! :-D

• @John:

Congratulations to you, and KNP! :-D

Hear hear!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m