14L G40 JuanSpain (+18) vs Gamerman01 (x) game 2

• You gamer, you

No problem - as many games as you play, I’m sure your PPG will settle down where it should be. 
    And I’m afraid 4.8 will not be high enough to lead the league anyway…
    You do know there’s an elite tier now?  People can start earning 7 points, and you will earn 3 even for losing against an elite.

• @Gamerman01:

You gamer, you

No problem - as many games as you play, I’m sure your PPG will settle down where it should be. 
    And I’m afraid 4.8 will not be high enough to lead the league anyway…
    You do know there’s an elite tier now?  People can start earning 7 points, and you will earn 3 even for losing against an elite.

Then again a lot of the leading players of the previous league are having a rather rough start. Wheatbeer isn’t even t1 at the moment.

• Believe it or not, I’m not interested in harvesting points from you.  I think you’ll end up at tier 2 eventually.  I was just looking for a fun game against a decent player who is a good sport and who plays quickly.  You’re an ideal person to play.

But that’s fine, thanks for the 2 games!  :-)

• @Soulblighter:

Then again a lot of the leading players of the previous league are having a rather rough start. Wheatbeer isn’t even t1 at the moment.

Good observation - I am sure that they all will return to where they were.  I don’t know how Karl is so low, but he will be back to at least high tier 3 before long.

It’s only been 1 month.  All standings look weird only 1/12 of the way into the season.  MLB, NFL, NBA, whatever sport you choose.  Small sample size.  It is fun to watch though, isn’t it, blighter?

• You can keep on fantasizing about #1, Juan, but when I get to 4 games I will be #1  :mrgreen:

• @Gamerman01:

@Soulblighter:

Good observation - I am sure that they all will return to where they were.� I don’t know how Karl is so low, but he will be back to at least high tier 3 before long.

It’s only been 1 month.� All standings look weird only 1/12 of the way into the season.� MLB, NFL, NBA, whatever sport you choose.� Small sample size.� It is fun to watch though, isn’t it, blighter?

As an European who isn’t interested in baseball e.t.c. I wouldn’t know if it is fun to watch :D. I have friends who watch NBA tho. So I do know a little about what goes on in that sport, but that is mostly from the sidelines.

As for Karl. I think this season he will hit rock bottom. I don’t think he has found his way back up just yet. Then again his ppg should rise if gargantua reaches tier 1 status, but it will drop a little when juanspain loses his elite status :P. So whatever you do juanspain don’t lose again. Do it for karl :D.

• :-)  It’s all fun

Blighter, sorry about the American references, my point was just if you take any season of any game/sport you will often have strange records in the first 1/12 of the season.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

I think my real level, is around upper Tier 2, so you are basically right Gamer in all what you say, but that PPG reduction that you mention would happen if I play a lot (and not taking a lot of care of my moves, as I did last year when I completed 66 games and finished lower Tier 2).

I was lucky at the beginning and have wins vs Wheat, Roboto, Karl, MrCunego and Artofwar. All can be Tier1/2 later in the league, and that means PPG>5. ). I can take advantage of the league rules if I play little this year.

I know it is very difficult for me to win vs JWW and Gargantua, but they can be Tier 1 also, so if those wins happen, I think my final PPG with 8 games could be above 5, and even if I loose one, I could reach the playoffs, so may be my best strategy for now is play little in this league and a lot outside. Given my real level (I agree with you on where it is), it may be almost impossible reaching a similar position in a league, ever.

I did not intend to say you are opportunistic, I was just kidding, truly, it is a real pitty for me not taking the chance to play a master like you some more now, but those almost secure losses would not help my current strategy.

If I loose those 2 games, I may declare a lot of wars again…

It has been nice anyway leading the league for 1 month now and reaching that elite status…

Something different would be…, if you accepted taking Allies with no bid, that would be an even game I think, but I would not take that unnecessary risk in your case.

Thank you for the 2 games also, it was just great for me, I hope playing a lot more with you soon.

Juan

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

@Soulblighter:

@Gamerman01:

@Soulblighter:

Good observation - I am sure that they all will return to where they were.� I don’t know how Karl is so low, but he will be back to at least high tier 3 before long.

It’s only been 1 month.� All standings look weird only 1/12 of the way into the season.� MLB, NFL, NBA, whatever sport you choose.� Small sample size.� It is fun to watch though, isn’t it, blighter?

As an European who isn’t interested in baseball e.t.c. I wouldn’t know if it is fun to watch :D. I have friends who watch NBA tho. So I do know a little about what goes on in that sport, but that is mostly from the sidelines.

As for Karl. I think this season he will hit rock bottom. I don’t think he has found his way back up just yet. Then again his ppg should rise if gargantua reaches tier 1 status, but it will drop a little when juanspain loses his elite status :P. So whatever you do juanspain don’t lose again. Do it for karl :D.

Jajajaja, thanks for your words Sir, I will do my best for me and for Karl for sure!! He is one of the greatest guys I have played, last year was real fun, we played 5 times in the league!!, and he tought me a lot of the basics. Thank you Karl and return where you deserve man!!! KILL KILL KILL!!!

• Indeed it was a pleasure, and I will just look forward to playing with you again whenever that may be.
    Good luck in your quest, and happy gaming

Gamer

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m