ISIS vs 3rd SS Panzer Division - who wins?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

A dimensional portal opens and the battle begins.

Assume each has reasonably equal, and reliable access to strategically vulnerable supply/replacements.

ISIS still faces air strikes, but SS panzers still have their WWII equipment.

Who wins? And why?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

SS PANZERS launch offensive from today turkey.  ISIS is on defence.

• Considering the number of the relatively weak RPG7s ISIS has access to and the fact they can destroy ANY armored vehicle from WW2… I would say ISIS. Not to mention the more advanced systems they have at their disposal in manpads and ATGMs…mince meet. Plus they have numerous T55s and T62s which, again, would make mince meet out of even the Jagdtiger.

Plus all the ISIS fighters are armed with assault rifles… And they have ample mortar and arty support. Better comms since they all seem to have radios which allows for better co-ordination of operations… I don’t even think it is a contest.

• If you had said the 1st SS, then I would have gone with Dietrich’s boys, especially if a young Untersturmfuhrer  Michael Wittmann was in command of a Mk IIIJ . The Totenkopf were in a lower league. Actually, the 5th would have been my choice.
    Unfortunately, the dreaded Stuka would have probably proven useless as a terror weapon as the enemy would have thought the sirens were a call to pray and not a prelude to death from above.

I get your point though, Garg: neither side would give quarter or pull back voluntarily.
    Nice poll.

RedLeg: do ISIS really have T55s and T62s and Artillery?

• Several hundred of them….let’s put it this way, Syria was considered one of the most formidable militaries in the Middle East whom all her neighbors grew to respect, including Israel. ISIS is beating them…and then stealing their equipment to push into Iraq. The Kurds are also having a hard time with them…who are very capable fighters. Their leadership fought the US and UK…modern militaries, for a decade then their rank and file got 3 years hard combat experience in Syria…

Stukas wouldn’t get near them since they can’t jam the strela anti aircraft missiles ISIS has in abundance. They are holding up anyways against the US Air Force…where one squadron of F-15s could knock out the entire WWII Luftwaffe. Again, AK47s, RPKs, PKCs, DSHKs, RPGs at the squad level…I’m sorry fellows, but even the worst equipment ISIS has is at least 2 generations ahead of anything the Germans had…AND they are motivated to fight and are combat hardened from over a decade at war… I don’t think this is really even a contest…

Careful with nostalgia, it is more powerful the longer you have it.

• Thanks Redleg.
    We oldies (and history lovers) can still dream.

• I prefer to try and think about what one modern US armored brigade could do in WWII on the Western front. With all its attachments….

• I think that the time plays a vital role in this match as well.
    Gargantua said :@Gargantua:

SS PANZERS launch offensive from today turkey.  ISIS is on defence.

So the 3rd will have a very hard time.
    Let’s say it would be a neutral time like 1492 what then?
    Electronic is not really the benefit anymore.
    And I go with Wittmann here. Why the 3rd? You wanna get the Job done, send the 5th! :wink:

• @wittmann:

Yes, they have heavy weapons.

• @ABWorsham:

@wittmann:

wich scale? 1:35?

• @aequitas:

@ABWorsham:

@wittmann:

wich scale? 1:35?

Only in Tamiya or Dragon brands. If you want anything else it has to be in 1/72nd…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m