7.1 Official clarification

• '14

Ok guys. This is what I have for now:

1. � Baltic states are to be treated just like Eastern Poaland…… � If Germany controls Eastern Poland and/or The Baltic States at the end of turn 1 Russia can declare war on Germany.

2. Russia will collect income from neutral countries but the extra income is not added to the d12 rolls……Starting on turn 1, Russia will roll 2d12 at the end of each turn to determine its income level and add them together until Russia reaches its full production of 48. When Russia reaches full production it can declare war on Germany/Italy. � Russia will collect income from territories taken but they will not add to the influence rolls for declaring war.

3. A. SPAIN: Spain will become a pro-Axis neutral if Paris has fallen and the Axis controls any 2 of the following: Leningrad,Stalingrad, and/or Moscow.
    B. SWEDEN: Sweden will become a pro-Axis neutral if Norway, Finland and Moscow are under Axis control.
    C. TURKEY: Turkey will become pro-Allied when there are no Axis units in Africa and Greece is under Allied control.

Fortifications  Only 1 fortification per territory.

Strict Neutrals  The only Allied countries that can attack Strict neutrals is Russia and Communist China.

10.PRO-ALLIED NEUTRALS
    Pro-Allied countries become active when occupied by any Allied land unit. A mechanized infantry or armor can activate 2 pro-Allied neutrals in one turn; it does not have to end its movement in the first neutral it reaches. After activation the pro-Allied countries’ units and income are absorbed by the occupying power.  If a Capitol is attacked or captured all other territories stay Pro-Allied and all naval units not adjacent to the capitol stay Pro-Allied. If a non-capitol territory is attacked or captured all remaining territories become allied and all naval units become allied. If any naval units are adjacent to a territory attacked or captured then roll for each naval unit.
    12.STRICT NEUTRALS

*While nations are not at war, units that are moved must end their turn in their own territories or in a SZ next to an original territory.

Strict neutrals cannot move or attack; they can only defend. If either Axis or Allied forces attack a strict neutral, any surviving units after the attack become allied with the other side.
    • Example: Germany attacks Denmark and successfully takes over the territory. Iceland and Greenland would now become pro-Allied neutrals since they are part of Denmark.
    If a strict neutral is attacked or captured, all remaining ground units cannot move or attack; they can only defend the territory they are in until activated by an Allied/Axis country. All remaining naval units must each roll 1D12:

These are technically modifications but I think we are heading in the right direction. I will post all clarifications here moving forward.

• I approve of this.  Good clarifications tiger.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Tigerman77:

1. � Baltic states are to be treated just like Eastern Poaland…… � If Germany controls Eastern Poland and/or The Baltic States at the end of turn 1 Russia can declare war on Germany.

2. Russia will collect income from neutral countries but the extra income is not added to the d12 rolls……Starting on turn 1, Russia will roll 2d12 at the end of each turn to determine its income level and add them together until Russia reaches its full production of 48. When Russia reaches full production it can declare war on Germany/Italy. � Russia will collect income from territories taken but they will not add to the influence rolls for declaring war.

3. A. SPAIN: Spain will become a pro-Axis neutral if Paris has fallen and the Axis controls any 2 of the following: Leningrad,Stalingrad, and/or Moscow.
    B. SWEDEN: Sweden will become a pro-Axis neutral if Norway, Finland and Moscow are under Axis control.
    C. TURKEY: Turkey will become pro-Allied when there are no Axis units in Africa and Greece is under Allied control.

These are technically modifications but I think we are heading in the right direction. I will post all clarifications here moving forward.

Will all these clarifications be added to boardgamegeek website, as well?

• '14

Not until im satisfied with the 7.1 discussions. Maybe 2 weeks.

• Might be to soon.  :|

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Tigerman77:

Not until im satisfied with the 7.1 discussions. Maybe 2 weeks.

That makes sense. :-)

Thanks,

John

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

Will play this out in two weeks.

Not sure on the whole Spain change but most changes I’ve seen so far are for the best. Maybe a “blue division–like one infantry added in Berlin  when Germany declares war on Russia to represent Spanish fascists sent by Spain” is needed to assuage the hardship caused by this new requirement to get Franco to commit?

More crazy stuff: how about SS pz gren added I per france / Belgium (Charlemagne) and Holland when they are captured???

Maybe Mongolia goes pro Russia if Japan declares war on Russian unprovoked?

Crazier still: Japan gets Greater Axis co-prosperity sphere NO of 5IPC if DEI, Hong Kong, Philippines, Siam, Singapore and Burma taken? Or 1 infantry to represent Indian National Army if Burma is taken?

Thanks for the set up changes.

Will submit results during play.

• Wait a sec, Germany can now take East Poland round 2 and not worry about having to declare on Russia to do so?

• @Tigerman77:

So if I’m reading this correct, If Germany controls Eastern Poland and/or Baltic States at end of turn 1 Russia declares war and attacks and can collect 48 icp’s at the end of turn 1 ?

• Is there a balanced way to add air transports to the game?

• Can communist china attack neutrals?

• '14

Yes….treat CC and Russia the same.

• @ tigerman - the only 1 fort per territory and no allies except Russia might be enough to somewhat even up the game. it could be the magic fix. much more realistic. India can definitely fall now much easier.

Can you put all the “official” changes in 1 paragraph for easy access?

It would be what is stated here so far in this thread, and paratrooper clarifications, and how to roll for pro neutral vs. strict neutral navies

• '14

Good idea….ill edit the original at top of the page.

• '14

bump

• So these updates now would be in the 7.2 rules that were suppose to get e-mailed ? If they are then no emails comin?  I haven’t got an e-mail yet. Just want to be clear.

Thankyou Tigerman.

• '14

Sorry guys. I still havent sent them out. Been busy with work and family and just havent had the time.

• Hey, gotta do what ya gotta do.  :-)

• '14

Bump……I put the actual Pro allied and Strict neutral explanations back up top. This is what will be in the 7.2 rules.

• '14

Emails have been sent

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m