• If the garrison was reduced by 2 and/or made pro russian after warsaw falls, then it would seem good in my eyes.

• i agree, i invaded on friday when we started and took heavy casualties, and considering it doesnt add to my income until i’ve rolled up to 48, i’m seriously regretting the decision.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I think the historical context should be used, when Warsaw fell, it’s remaining armies were surrendered and/or were disbanded.  Germany was then given the choice:

#1. To honor it’s agreement with the USSR and give up half of Poland (Which it did historically),

#2. To not honor it’s agreement with USSR, and keep all of Poland.

If the game represented this pre-text, it would be more interesting.  If Germany does not honor the agreement, Russia gets +5 to it’s income roll/threshold.  IF Germany does honor the agreement, Russia gets east Poland instantly.

Potentially Russia could also get an NO for East Poland.

Keeps the game interesting anyways.

• I would add at least 10, not 5.

• @ghr2:

What is the russian incentive to take east poland?  What makes taking it better than letting germany deal with the 4 units there?

In the real world, the Russian incentive to take East Poland, Bessarabia, the Baltic and the Finnish borderland, was for protection. They wanted a buffer zone, where they could stop an attacker.

The same should be true in this game. If Russia don’t take East Poland, then the German tanks are one space closer to Moscow. This could be decisive.

• @Narvik:

@ghr2:

What is the russian incentive to take east poland?�  What makes taking it better than letting germany deal with the 4 units there?

In the real world, the Russian incentive to take East Poland, Bessarabia, the Baltic and the Finnish borderland, was for protection. They wanted a buffer zone, where they could stop an attacker.

The same should be true in this game. If Russia don’t take East Poland, then the German tanks are one space closer to Moscow. This could be decisive.

Yea, but in the game, it still functions as a buffer without russia having to take it.

• Now how is that possible ? Germany is not allowed to stack units there after it is taken ?

• @ ghr - Germany can take Poland and Baltic states after turn 1, they just cant own at the end of turn 1. So Russia has to take turn 1 or Germany will take turn 2.

I’m not sure if that was the intent but that is how the rules read.

• @billcallaway:

@ ghr - Germany can take Poland and Baltic states after turn 1, they just cant own at the end of turn 1. So Russia has to take turn 1 or Germany will take turn 2.

I’m not sure if that was the intent but that is how the rules read.

Tiger recently clarified that they cannot be taken unless Ger is at war with Russia.  But I will double check with him.  This might of been changed in 7.1.

• @ ghr - it says “at end of turn 1”, it doesn’t say anything about “after” turn 1. There is a big difference between “end” and “after”. Therefore it’s allowed because it doesn’t say it’s not allowed.

However, if you find out anything different please let me know ASAP!

We are playing another game tomorrow with the official rules 7.1 rules and new Baltic States change, the new Turkey change (which has never happened in 15 games), and the new Spain change. I sense it’s going to help Russia and the Allies very much. We have never once taken Stalingrad with the new rules (in 5 games) so now Spain probably won’t get in the game which is huge around turn 7, 8, or 9 when it usually happens.

We are going to play Japan differently to see if that can change the game against Russia/India. I’m going to wait until after turn 3 to use the sneak attack (which will probably be disastrous for Japan). Then again, if they play Allies differently than normal I might have to use the sneak attack early.

Japan/UK usually try to set it up so they both tempted to attack each other so Japan can keep the US out of the war longer or the UK can try to get the US in it quicker. If not in the war yet - turn 2 India gets nearly 35 IPC (with bonus and DEI and turn 3 UK gets about 40 IPC.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m