Welcome! If you're a returning member of the forums, please reset your password. If you don't receive an email within minutes, it means your account is listed under another, likely older, email address. Contact webmaster@axisandallies.org for help.

Neutral Italy

• '14 Customizer

I actually like how HBG made the Mediterranean Sea.  One of the problems with A&A Global is Crete and Cyprus are in the same sea zone.  As you can see below that sea zone is split and Crete is the intersection of 4 sea zones making it very strategic like it was in the war.  Also notice how Sicily and Sardinia also touch multiple sea zones.

• 2018 2017 2016

Good post cyanight.
    That would also make it enjoyable to play ,with room to expand some strategies.

• It looks like Bulgaria is also connected to Turkey, unlike G40.

• @cyanight:

Good Point ghr2, I was watching a documentary last weekend on the History channel called World Wars.  They went through the timeline and started with Italy taking Ethiopia.  It seems like all the losers of the “Treaty of Versailles” became the Axis.

BTW, I’m really looking forward to that movie coming out called “Fury”

Ethiopia was more for national prestige after the pre-ww1 fiasco.

At that times, especially after ww1 conclusion (Italy paid a very big price and in the end annihilated the entire austrian army), Italy felt he had to expand and that he coulndt trust The entente/allies.
    If you think Italy starter The WAR remember that before allying with germany, Italy was the only power that reacted to hitler’s expansion goals. Mussolini stopper Hitler from annexing Austria prior to their alliance.
    France and UK were not caring at all.

• '14 Customizer

Very Good Point Ike.  I have always wondered why Turkey doesn’t touch Bulgaria in Global.

• One way if you try this. Italy do not buy and move is navy until at war. The Italy can buy land and air unit but not move land and air unit until at war. For Russia is the same for not move all unit. Not playtested…

• @GODLEADER:

One way if you try this. Italy do not buy and move is navy until at war. The Italy can buy land and air unit but not move land and air unit until at war. For Russia is the same for not move all unit. Not playtested…

That would be to harsh for the italians, also other neutral countries can buy stuff and move in their own countries. Basicaly it should be restricted like the US, only in zones currently occupied by italy and in the seazones next to them.

Although if you just let france go before italy and make italy neutral it will solve itself as well, what is italy going to do with its fleet in 1 piece? attack egypt and throw its fleet away? attack the UK fleet and lose? It can only stay in port for at least 1 more turn or it should be under constant cover from airunits to survive.

• Is for gameplay first but history two, the Italian is not prepare for this war and Russia two. Is simple and give a little more time for Italy. I repeat  i dont playtest this rules.

Welcome to the new forums! For security and technical reasons, we did not migrate your password. Therefore to get started, please reset your password. You may use your email address or username. Please note that your username is not your display name.

If you're having problems, please send an email to webmaster@axisandallies.org

T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games

Users

Topics

1.3m