• '16 Customizer

Fantastic! Thank you for all your work. I hope that they will work out, as that would be a good resource to have for this community.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Spitfire38:

Fantastic! Thank you for all your work. I hope that they will work out, as that would be a good resource to have for this community.

Yeah buddy, I sure hope it is going to be a legitimate resource. I will be sending yours tomorrow. Let me know when you get it. :-D

John

I finally got pictures of the union jack stickers on 50 pieces to demonstrate, an alternative company, you can use. Instead of using decals, you can buy stickers for your axis and allied pieces. This took me months to get these stickers to show you guys, and now, I can finally show you, them.

I still think decals are better, but these can work. These do sometimes peel off on the edges, especially on uneven surfaces on the plastic, but they really do look good for stickers.

Ray, the owner, is willing to do all countries, as well as specialty stickers, like the RAF.

People have to contact him, if your interested in his stickers, and he will start making them, but if no one is interested, he will not make them.

His Ebay company name is tfkingdom for those of you that are interested in stickers.

So without further delay, here are the stickers, I’ve been talking about this whole time. Enjoy! :-D

Union Jack Stickers 001.JPG
    Union Jack Stickers 002.JPG

• So how much?

@R:

So how much?

He offered me 2 sheets for $10.00. I don’t know if that will be the asking price, or if he just gave me a good deal. I don’t remember how many stickers were on the sheet, but Spitfire38 can let me know, by counting his sticker sheet. I know, there is at least 50 stickers on the sheet or more.

• '16 Customizer

I am away from home for a few days, but when I get back I will let you know. I can post an image of the sticker sheet with pieces for scale. Not all of the stickers are of a usable size, but I’m sure that he could print a sheet of one size that would maximize the number of stickers you could get on a sheet.

@Spitfire38:

I am away from home for a few days, but when I get back I will let you know. I can post an image of the sticker sheet with pieces for scale. Not all of the stickers are of a usable size, but I’m sure that he could print a sheet of one size that would maximize the number of stickers you could get on a sheet.

Thanks Spitfire38! This will help everyone, along with the pictures, I posted. :-)

• '16 Customizer

I’ve attached two photos of the sticker sheets with some of the ANZAC planes for scale. As you can see, there are a lot of different sizes on each sheet. There is one larger sheet that has most of the sizes, and smaller sheet that has even smaller Union Jacks.

Sizes: There is a large variety of sizes, so I don’t think you would have a problem finding something that you could use. Some of the smaller stickers are so small that they lose all detail and look mostly red. I don’t think those are very useful. However, I would not be using the Union Jack for something that small. I am not sure if this size would come out in a different design either, such as the RAF roundel. I doubt it, but again, there are not really any pieces that use stickers that small. There is definitely usable material here.

Quality: The colors are great, and the image on the sticker is accurate and consistent from sticker to sticker. As I mentioned above, they become less discernible as they get smaller, but I think that is mainly the result of this particular design (Union Jack). Trying to squeeze a Union Jack onto a sticker that’s 2mm across will inevitably result in a jumbled image. The adhesive on these is very high quality. It makes them bond very tightly, and I don’t foresee them coming off very easily. That is awesome once you get it on the piece, but it makes it difficult to apply. With a decal, you can put it on the piece and slide it around a bit until it is straight and in position. That is out of the question with the stickers. Once it is on the piece, it isn’t sliding. With something large like a flag it isn’t a problem, but I found it difficult to center and straighten the roundels on something like an infantry piece or plane wing. I applied them using tweezers. I took them off using a wooden skewer to scrape up a side of the sticker to peel it off the piece. I was afraid that the sticker would pull up some of the paint, but that didn’t happen. It came off cleanly, but it required some scraping with the skewer, which might scratch your paint job.

They are thicker than I-94 decals, but not bulky or unsightly on the piece.

Price: I didn’t pay for these. John said they are $10 for two sheets. (The two sheets I have? or Two copies of what I have right now?) Everybody has a different price level that they are willing to buy A&A accessories at, so it is really your call on whether or not the price is a pro or con.

Verdict: I prefer decals because they are a lot easier to apply and adjust. However, there are not decals in every design that we customizers might need. So, in situations like the Union Jack, RAF roundel, ANZAC roundels, etc, these would definitely work. The small ones are difficult to apply, but that’s just a hassle, not a dealbreaker. I would shy away from the small sizes of the very complicated designs like the Kiwi roundel or Union Jack, as they look bad in my opinion. Stick with the flags or simple designs like the RAF roundel.

Thanks John!

@Spitfire38:

I’ve attached two photos of the sticker sheets with some of the ANZAC planes for scale. As you can see, there are a lot of different sizes on each sheet. There is one larger sheet that has most of the sizes, and smaller sheet that has even smaller Union Jacks.

Sizes: There is a large variety of sizes, so I don’t think you would have a problem finding something that you could use. Some of the smaller stickers are so small that they lose all detail and look mostly red. I don’t think those are very useful. However, I would not be using the Union Jack for something that small. I am not sure if this size would come out in a different design either, such as the RAF roundel. I doubt it, but again, there are not really any pieces that use stickers that small. There is definitely usable material here.

Quality: The colors are great, and the image on the sticker is accurate and consistent from sticker to sticker. As I mentioned above, they become less discernible as they get smaller, but I think that is mainly the result of this particular design (Union Jack). Trying to squeeze a Union Jack onto a sticker that’s 2mm across will inevitably result in a jumbled image. The adhesive on these is very high quality. It makes them bond very tightly, and I don’t foresee them coming off very easily. That is awesome once you get it on the piece, but it makes it difficult to apply. With a decal, you can put it on the piece and slide it around a bit until it is straight and in position. That is out of the question with the stickers. Once it is on the piece, it isn’t sliding. With something large like a flag it isn’t a problem, but I found it difficult to center and straighten the roundels on something like an infantry piece or plane wing. I applied them using tweezers. I took them off using a wooden skewer to scrape up a side of the sticker to peel it off the piece. I was afraid that the sticker would pull up some of the paint, but that didn’t happen. It came off cleanly, but it required some scraping with the skewer, which might scratch your paint job.

They are thicker than I-94 decals, but not bulky or unsightly on the piece.

Price: I didn’t pay for these. John said they are $10 for two sheets. (The two sheets I have? or Two copies of what I have right now?) Everybody has a different price level that they are willing to buy A&A accessories at, so it is really your call on whether or not the price is a pro or con.

Verdict: I prefer decals because they are a lot easier to apply and adjust. However, there are not decals in every design that we customizers might need. So, in situations like the Union Jack, RAF roundel, ANZAC roundels, etc, these would definitely work. The small ones are difficult to apply, but that’s just a hassle, not a dealbreaker. I would shy away from the small sizes of the very complicated designs like the Kiwi roundel or Union Jack, as they look bad in my opinion. Stick with the flags or simple designs like the RAF roundel.

Thanks John!

Thanks Spitfire38 for this informative post on the stickers I sent you. This will help people decide if they want decals or stickers. I myself prefer the decals, but this gives another option for people. Well done, my friend! :-D

Hey guys, for those of you interested in stickers, rather than decals, Ray is trying to make as many World war 1 and 2 stickers from all different countries.

Keep telling him what you want, and he will try to make it.

He has told me some of you have been requesting many different things, so all your ideas are being heard.

Just wanted update this info to you, because it is working. :-)

John

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m