• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Guys, I found a sticker company that sales Union Jack stickers small enough for the aircraft carriers. The name of the company is tfkingdom, and I found them on Ebay.

They are based out of Houston, Texas.

I’m still waiting for answers on stickers that are smaller than what you would put on the aircraft carriers, such as a battleship or on infantry bases.

If they don’t make a sticker smaller than that, you can cut the edges off of the flag and stick them on the infantry base.

It would be hard to cut it like a roundel, so I would just square it off on the base, if you are not painting the union jack flag on the bases of your infantry.

I thought I would pass the info along to you guys who are not painting the Union Jack symbol on your pieces.

I hope this helps!

If I get more info on smaller stickers, I will let you know.

They sale these stickers on a sheet that has 42 stickers, but only the bottom 11 will work on aircraft carriers. The others are just to big. These were made to go on G. I. Joe toys.

They are $5.99 for a sheet, so you are paying way to much, but if you aren’t painting them, this is the only way to go unless, you use those aircraft decals made by others, which is probably the best way to go at this time.

This is just another option I found and thought I would pass along. :-)

• thanks john brown for the info! any chance you have come across some super small scale union jacks?  like ones that would fit on the fuselage of HBG’s new hawker hurricanes or some OBB spitefires?? all the rings yellow blue white and red dot next too impossible to paint on such a small surface.  Painted my hurricanes this weekend but just not happy with the jacks.

@jwo1984:

thanks john brown for the info! any chance you have come across some super small scale union jacks?  like ones that would fit on the fuselage of HBG’s new hawker hurricanes or some OBB spitefires?? all the rings yellow blue white and red dot next too impossible to paint on such a small surface.  Painted my hurricanes this weekend but just not happy with the jacks.

No problem, jwo1984.

I’ve asked the company if they have any smaller stickers, but they haven’t responded to my questions, yet. Hopefully they will answer me tomorrow. I will let you know if they answer my questions or not. :-)

John

Jwo1984 and others,

I got great news, I finally got a response from the sticker company and he is looking into smaller stickers. Right now, he has to study the sizes we all need.

I told them, there is a market for it, but it has to be small enough for axis and allies pieces.

Right now, it is just a wait and see, if it is cost effective for him or not.

I will keep everyone posted. :-)

• thanks for the update john brown and for you effort in finding out if smaller sizes are possible!

@jwo1984:

thanks for the update john brown and for you effort in finding out if smaller sizes are possible!

Thanks jwo1984. Since he has not ever played this game, I may have to send him some pieces so that he has a better understanding of the size stickers we need.

As soon as he messages me back, I will know what to do.

I just hope it is soon, because it would be nice to get these stickers ordered for my painter. :-)

• yes as I am sure guys like LLhoffman and spitefire38 can attest too hand bombing union jacks with all the rings and tiny red dot in the middle on a spitefire or hurricane piece is not fun lol

@jwo1984:

yes as I am sure guys like LLhoffman and spitefire38 can attest too hand bombing union jacks with all the rings and tiny red dot in the middle on a spitefire or hurricane piece is not fun lol

Spitfire38 told me the toughest power for him to paint is the United Kingdom. LOL, that is why he is painting them. :-D

For those that are wanting Union Jack Stickers, wish me luck. I’m sending my Axis and Allies units to a company in Houston. They are going to look at these pieces and determine if they want to make the Union Jack Stickers for Axis and Allies pieces.

If it goes well, then we will finally have a place to buy these stickers. :-D

Jwo1984 and others,

I spent 3 1/2 hours, yesterday, tracing the outlines of the OOB and HBG pieces and sent the drawings and 50 British pieces for the company in Houston to look at today.

The pieces and drawings should arrive early next week.

Now it is just waiting and seeing, if they can make the stickers that small.

I told them we need Union Jack Flags as well as round Union Jack stickers or decals.

Let us hope they can produce them. :-)

• Awesome John brown! Thanks for really spear heading this project! Havin those Union jacks stickers too scale would be so helpful in so many ways for the brit pieces ! Keep us posted:)

@jwo1984:

Awesome John brown! Thanks for really spear heading this project! Havin those Union jacks stickers too scale would be so helpful in so many ways for the brit pieces ! Keep us posted:)

I just hope my drawings weren’t a waste of time, because that was a lot of work, tracing those pieces and showing him how small we need these stickers.

I’m just keeping my fingers crossed. :-)

• '16 Customizer

Does I 94 sell the yellow, blue, white and red roundels, or are those also being requested from this company?

@Spitfire38:

Does I 94 sell the yellow, blue, white and red roundels, or are those also being requested from this company?

I 94 sells everything, except Union Jack Flags or Round Union Jack stickers. Also. I 94 does not have the Chinese Symbol for the infantry, but Picoarmor does, so we are safe there. :-)

Update: The company in Houston received my 50 British pieces and inspected them for the stickers.

At this time, he is trying to see if he can make them small enough for the sides of cruisers, destroyers, subs, mechs, and smaller tanks. He says bigger tanks, infantry, carriers and battleships will probably not be a problem. I imagine that artillery and AAA Guns will not make the cut.

He says, the main issue is on some of these smaller pieces is that there has to be flat enough surface for these stickers to stick.

Right now, I’m basically a guinea pig to see how small a sticker, he can make.

Even, if he can’t make stickers that small, it gives us a source for our bigger pieces.

He has transparent and white backing, and says the transparent will always be cheaper.

He can’t give me prices till he sees what he can do.

I will update again, when I know more. :-)

John

• '16 Customizer

Great news! Thanks John.

Thanks buddy! :-D

• did you send him any british aircraft as well? too see if he can make sizes too fit Lancaster, Halifax, spitfire and the hurricane pieces.  Particularly on the fuselage of these planes where the union jacks are placed….I image the spitfire is just way to small I cant even attempt to paint a roundel on that fuselage.

@jwo1984:

did you send him any british aircraft as well? too see if he can make sizes too fit Lancaster, Halifax, spitfire and the hurricane pieces.  Particularly on the fuselage of these planes where the union jacks are placed….I image the spitfire is just way to small I cant even attempt to paint a roundel on that fuselage.Â

Yes, I sent him all that, with drawings and everything. Just keep your fingers crossed.

Since, I’m not good at posting links and pictures, I will pm you for your address, and I’m going to send you a sheet of stickers for free, and I will let you decide if these stickers are going to be good enough for axis and allies.

Then, if you don’t mind post your feelings about them, once you received them and looked them over.

How is that? Will that work for you?

Just let me know.

Thanks,

John :-)

• Thanks John that’s awesome

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m