• No, I don’t mean Bush.

The restriction on a 3rd term I think is a good one for the reason the restriction was made. The president would have too much power. However, I feel that there would be nothing wrong with an ex president who has already served 2 terms to run again as long as they were not consecutive. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like Clinton. However, the reason the restriction was put in place I do not think counts if it is not consecutive terms. Any consolidated power has been broken up, so they should be allowed to run again. There may be some rules that should/could be put in place. Saying for instance gore/clinton could not swap the presidency every 4 years.

Just wondering what others think of this.

• well, i think the entire restriction is wrong. as long as the restriction on term length remains, there is not too much power, so i think if anyone is popular enough to be elected more than two terms, consecutive or not, so be it. the people have spoken.

• Why would you want to restrict democracy? Let the people vote for whomever they please. As Bush is finding out, you can only fool the people for so long. If you screw them over long enough, eventually they turn on you.

Besides, Clinton will be back in the White House anyway ;)

• @Mary:

Why would you want to restrict democracy? Let the people vote for whomever they please. As Bush is finding out, you can only fool the people for so long. If you screw them over long enough, eventually they turn on you.

Besides, Clinton will be back in the White House anyway ;)

Oh god, Hillary. She makes Bill seem like George Washington. This woman is smart and evil, a deadly combo.

Her little charge of the light brigade to make the president “accountable” after 911 in reguards to the health risk of people in the city from the fumes proves that.

She says the president should have told the people in NY on 911 that the fumes from the explosion could cause long term health risks. Could you imagine if Bush would have done that? Manhattan is an island with (I think, trying to remember) 3 bridges. Millions of panicked people running because they think there is something toxic in the air. Thousands would have turned into 10s… if not 100s of thousands dead. She is not stupid, she knows this. But that does not stop her from attacking Bush on something that is common sense. She is playing on the ignorant.

The woman is evil, I would rather have anyone but her be president. Nominate satan, I don’t think he would do as much damage as she is capable of. I don’t like Bush, and I would have voted for a dem if they had anyone worth voting for. They don’t. I am forced between the lesser of 2 evils when I vote.

• Hillary will never be president. ever. Everything she has done has no support except from women who understand a womans position as a wife that was cheated on.She will allways be looked on in this sorry way. It is a mask for her to wear forever. This limited political exposure will never be enough. Clinton will have to be an intern at the whie house is he wants to get in. Or he can buy a ticket for the tour if he wants to get in now. Just get in line to vote for President Rudolph Giuliani in 2008 with Colin Powell as VP. That is what your waiting for. just admit it.

• I’m pretty sure that women hate her more than men… which is saying something.

• No third termites. Washington wouldnt, so other presidents should follow his example. After all, he was one of our gratest presidents.

• Three term for Hillary!
    Then everyone would long for W or Bill. But there would be no more US, Canada, EU… All one world!

Anyone know if FDR ever wrote/explained his reasoning behind the decision to run a 3rd and 4th time…

He knew his health was poor.

Was he so egocentric as to think that the US couldn’t muddle through with one of his VPs? No one ever voted Republican back then.

Ah, the Good Ole Days! Segregation, Democrats rule, Unions rule, Greta Garbo, Bogie 'n the Duke!

Did I hear that GM and Ford were having more $$ woes?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m