• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

Does anyone playing Global '39 have a rules for HBG’s major industrial complexes? I bought bunch but really don’t have an idea how to integrate into the game.

Same goes for U-Boat pens.

Thx

• What I have for sub pens is cost 8. Can only build 1 per territory.
    Can be placed on island and land territory that borders water.
    Sub pen defends at 2 or less against aircraft.
    Takes 2 hits to destroy sub pen. First 2 hits have to go towards sub pen.
    After first round of combat the subs can submerge or retreat.
    Can place 1 sub per turn in sub pen next to a Naval base.

Went to HBG site and clicked on factorys and down below it says to download file for house rules for these pieces but got an error page while down loading.

COACH, you got any idea where we can down load these house rules from?

Thanks SS, I’ll try out the sub pens. I guess my only question is seeing how aircraft cannot attack submarines without destroyers detecting them, how useful are the pens anyway? Can the pens defend my U-boats against all threats. For instance, would the pens have to be bombed before the boats could be hit by destroyers?

I’ll wait on the industrial complex rules. I was thinking they will be able to build 15 units instead of 10 and cost 40 IPC instead of 30.

• Yes, they have to be bombed to destroy. Pen takes 2 hits to destroy. Pen defends on a roll of 2 or less. Once pen is destroyed, then subs can be attacked. Subs can dive after first round of combat. Destroyers keep subs pinned in pen if next to pen. On subs combat move, has to decide to stay or dive or attack.
    So if you came in with 4 planes and got 3 hits the pen is destroyed and 1 sub dies.
    If anybody thinks it needs to be tweak speakup. :-D

Thanks SS, I’ll try this out this weekend.

• '14

Nice.  I like the pen rule.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m