Global 1942 Scenario by Larry Harris

• '19 '18 '17

Question about Neutrals in this setup…

Some of the neutrals have already been invaded by the opposite side (e.g., Greece, a pro-Allies territory, has German units in it). Does that mean the rest of the neutrals on the board are aligned with the Allies at the start of the scenario?  Or do you continue to follow the rules for neutrals until the next time one is invaded?

• @Dajokr:

Question about Neutrals in this setup…

Some of the neutrals have already been invaded by the opposite side (e.g., Greece, a pro-Allies territory, has German units in it). Does that mean the rest of the neutrals on the board are aligned with the Allies at the start of the scenario?  Or do you continue to follow the rules for neutrals until the next time one is invaded?

There are indeed some (but not all) Pro-Neutrals either activated or captured in this scenario. However the strict neutrals are still strict neutrals.
    So the “Neutrals-Rules” still apply.
    The main difference to the original setup is, that in 1942 all powers begin the game at war.

• '19 '18 '17

Ah, understand.  For some reason I conflated the rule for capturing unfriendly neutrals and the rule about invading a strict neutral (which turns all the others friendly to the other side).  Thanks for the response!

• '19 '18 '17

BTW, played this scenario for the first yesterday with a new group.  Only one other guy had played Global before, and I thought this was a fantastic setup to teach the game to new players.  They all had some familiarity with the franchise having played other versions, but they left super-excited to play Global again.

• '17 '16 '15

@Dajokr:

BTW, played this scenario for the first yesterday with a new group.  Only one other guy had played Global before, and I thought this was a fantastic setup to teach the game to new players.  They all had some familiarity with the franchise having played other versions, but they left super-excited to play Global again.

Glad you had fun. In case you’re not aware of it here’s ozteas 42

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=30862.0

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/20575/oztea-s-1942-global-setup

• This is great! I love Global 40, and am excited to try this edition out! Can’t wait to try it!

• '19 '17 '16

@Cow:

So…. Who wants a J1 opening guide? And Germany guide? The Germany guide will probably consist of Germany losing the 3 or 4 spots to Russia off the bat in order to have something that makes sense.

Hi Cow.

Yeah, what does Germany do? They can’t stack Eastern Poland even on the second turn, depending on what USSR does. Do they just trade Baltic States/Eastern Poland/Bessarabia for the first few turns? Seems like a losing proposition to me.

I agree that Calcutta looks like it shouldn’t live long but it seems that Moscow will have a high income. Allies should hold the Middle East and Egypt too.

• '13

@barney this link doesn’t work anymore. What is a better one?

• @17Mark71 Look here: https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/20575/oztea-s-1942-global-setup

@barney I have edited in that link into your above posting to point to the new forum link.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@Panther
    right on. Almost missed this as I had to change names : )
    I’m gonna add it to triplea some day. Add his 39 too. Make for a nice oztea package : )

• '19 '18 '17

Hi there, anyone know the name of the TripleA version of this setup of G42? I am trying to set this up to play with a friend. Thanks in advance.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@AAGamer

World War II Global 1942 2nd Edition

It’s included with the Global 40 triplea DL’s. On a side note, will have Oztea’s '42 up soon : )

• '19 '18 '17

@barnee Thanks Barnee!!!

• Hi,

I’ve got two questions

Is Celebes really still British or is that a typo?

And will this setup also work for Europe/Pacific alone?
    It sounds like the Europe side leans very much towards the Allies, whereas Japan is favored in the Pacific-

• '21 '20 '18 '17

I thought its japanese but you’ll have to look the setup has been out for years.

No, though you could port it to 1 board.
    Agree with your last statement most of us play Global only after a few intro games of the split boards

• It says so in the setup, just seems a bit weird, as well as the Japanese sub together with the US fleet starting in the same sea zone.

Another question, does the Sino-Sovjet Pact still apply or are Japan and Russia at War. The rules state
    “ALL Powers begin the game AT WAR. Both the Soviet Union and the US may attack anyone from the onset of the game.”
    which doesn’t sepcifically adress this, but it reads like no penalty for attacking JAP/USSR

• @Lydian said in Global 1942 Scenario by Larry Harris:

It says so in the setup, just seems a bit weird, as well as the Japanese sub together with the US fleet starting in the same sea zone.

But that is a pretty common scenario in the game, that we have the “sea units starting in hostile sea zones-rules” for.

Another question, does the Sino-Sovjet Pact still apply …

I am not sure what you are talking about. Can you please cite from the rulebook what you are addressing here?

… or are Japan and Russia at War.
    The rules state “ALL Powers begin the game AT WAR. Both the Soviet Union and the US may attack anyone from the onset of the game.” which doesn’t sepcifically adress this, but it reads like no penalty for attacking JAP/USSR

Again, would you please clarify your issue here?

• @Panther Sure, it is just the only standard A&A Edition I’m aware of, that features opposing forces in the same territory at setup.

Sino-Sovjet Pact - darn, that’s WarRoom. Sovjet-Mongolian Defense Pact from the Global40 rules is what I meant

thanks for answering

• @Lydian said in Global 1942 Scenario by Larry Harris:

Sovjet-Mongolian Defense Pact from the Global40 rules is what I meant

Yes, those rules of the Soviet-Mongolian Defense Pact still apply in the 1942 setup. They do not address questions of being at war, but consequences of attacks in special territories.

• @simon33 Well I set up my boards and studied Japans options.I think this is my J1.
    1 buymic/tt/cv/2ss=47 ipcs
    combat moves
    3inf/fig/tb/sb>yunan plan to land air fic

5inf /2art/fig>anweh land fig fic

sz 49 attack USN BB/tt/ca/dd with all ships in sz47 ss/dd/ca. Make sure to pass through sz 46 in case of retreat.Add 3 fig from sz 42 and 33.Make sure at least dd survives to block USN from sz26(hawaii)

sz62 attack Anz dd/tt with ss from sz49 and ca from sz 33. If anz hits 1, lose the ca.There should be no destroyer left nearby and sub can convoy sz62

last walk 1 inf into each> chahar,hunan,and from siam>shan state
    noncom
    use 2 tt to drop land units >kiangsi sz20
    bb&2cv>sz 46 fill both cvs from sz49 and planes that did’nt participate in battle.
    dd /bb and loaded cv from sz6>sz 35
    dd sz19> sz6. keep adequate air @sz6/japan

place mic fic and ships sz6

I like this b/c it strands a lot of US units at solomon Is. and threatens Anzac.I invite all to comment and disect

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m