• '18 '17 '16

Hi Orillian

Who is Orillian?

Are you really sharing your map file

That’s the use of this thread.

I thought we could only by the printed enlarged version

What do you mean by “by” (buy?)? There’s nothing to buy, the files are for free.

• Hi dedo

First can I say thanks for all your hard work on this. The result looks great.

I am intending to get the 1129x600mm version printed and note that BananeDC used “450gr anti-fire stuff”. Obviously I would ask the printer’s advice but wondered whether you had a recommendation?

Thanks again.

Cheers
    PP

• '18 '17 '16

Thank you for giving kudos to me!

I take so called Blockout Banner (760gr/qm) or PVC Banner (510gr/qm) with antiglare. Both can be printed with a solution of 720 dpi, inks should be a mild or eco solvent.

It is important to take heavy ware (a lot of gr/qm). This kind of quality lays perfectly on a table and could be furled easily by avoiding folds.

• Thanks very much for the advice dedo.

Cheers

PP

• Can anyone recommend or suggest a venue for printing this. I went into my local office max who has printing services and they looked at me like I have two heads…

• My brother printed 3 maps for myself and friends in the UK. He has his own small print business, but actually sourced them from Italy.

Where are you?

• Ah, alas, I am state side. New York area to be exact. Any other ideas?

• '18 '17 '16

Unfortunately, I can’t recommend a special shop because I’m from Germany but instead I recommend you to do an internet search with the following search terms:
    canvas printing, vinyl banner printing, eco solvent printing, New York

• Thanks. I appreciate the advice, I will begin my hunt…

• '17 '16

Just as a public service, I had the 1941 Supreme map (1329x700mm, or 52x28") printed at my local Fed-Ex Office print shop on outdoor banner vinyl.  It cost me about $70 (US dollars) to have this done.  I know not everyone will get the same prices or print the same size, but that’s just to give a ball park figure in 2016 dollars of what a typical big box print shop will charge for such a project. Kudos to Dedo for making this available to the A&A community! Two pics below include one shot ready to play, and another showing the size difference between the printed map and the original board map. Here’s my results:

my1941custommap1.jpg
    my1941custommap2.jpg

• PantherP Panther locked this topic on

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m