Grasshopper's Halifax Expansion

• Sponsor

Grasshopper’s Halifax Expansion

Here are my personal additions to the core Halifax rule set, and the modifications that our group will be playing to compliment A&A 1940 Global along with Halifax.

National Objectives

The following national objectives for the United States, Germany, and Japan are in addition to the already existing national objectives for each nation.

United States:

5 IPCs if the Allies control Borneo, Sumatra, Java, and Celebes
    5 IPCs if at least 1 American strategic bomber has made a successful SBR on a German production unit

Germany:

5 IPCs if Germany controls London

Japan:

5 IPCs if Japan Controls all Chinese original territories

The following national objectives are a modification of the existing national objectives called “national prestige” and “the Burma Road” which have now been removed.

Soviet Union:

5 IPCs if sea zone #125 is free of Axis warships, and the Allies control Archangel
    5 IPCs if there are no Allied units on original Soviet Union territories

China:

If the Allies control all territories connecting the Burma road, China will receive 2 free artillery units during their place new units phase.

Additional Setup Modifications

• Add 1 Commonwealth fighter to Ontario
    • Remove 1 Japanese tactical bomber, and 1 Japanese fighter from Manchuria
  • Customizer

I like these new NOs, especially the one for China. So instead of extra cash, they get extra artillery for keeping the Burma Road open. I want to see this one work.

I thought you decided against removing the Japanese planes in Manchuria. Or is this something different?

• Why doesn’t the 5 icp’s for NO for controlling the 4 dutch islands go to UK or Anzac and Canada ( SA ) income

• Sponsor

@SS:

Why doesn’t the 5 icp’s for NO for controlling the 4 dutch islands go to UK or Anzac and Canada ( SA ) income

In the core Halifax house rules, the Commonwealth has a 5 IPC National Objective if the Allies control Sumatra, Borneo, Java, and Celebes. In my expansion rules the United States have the same National Objective, therefore, it’s worth 10 IPCs to the Allies to control the same Islands that the Japanese are trying to control in order to get their National Objective.

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

I dig it!  :-D

Earlier today I got in a game with my friends. I ended up adapting some stuff, quite a bit actually, so as not to give my friend Jennifer a migraine hehe. I snapped up your idea for an expansion thread, but geared it more towards simplification than expansion. Well its not exactly simple from the perspective of necessary changes, but simple from the perspective of players who are unfamiliar with all the crazy rules in G40. Basically put together everything we did today in one place so I could reference them later on for the next game.

We all really had fun! She demanded to play Britain and the Commonwealth, as she’s a Bristol girl, so we really put it to the test, in terms of the learning curve haha. But I can say for sure that everyone had fun.

The new Factories kick ass, Canada kicks ass, the new Commonwealth spread was highly entertaining

Great work dude!  :-D

• Sponsor

@knp7765:

I like these new NOs, especially the one for China. So instead of extra cash, they get extra artillery for keeping the Burma Road open. I want to see this one work.

I thought you decided against removing the Japanese planes in Manchuria. Or is this something different?

It has been removed from Halifax core rules, these are my own additions… just wanted to chalange the Axis and if it’s too strong… I’ll put them back.

Ya… we never see China with artilley even if they have the road, this way we will see them more and it’s an additional $2.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m