• Sponsor

I voted yes, because he’s the only one that cares about cleaning up this forum.

PLEASE… give him the power to get things done around here, like making sure house rule threads are moved to the house rule forum  :evil:

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

Sure, that’s cool with me.

I will say though that the house rules forum is rather chaotic. When HR threads for specific boards get tossed into the pile down there, they just seem to get buried and forgotten. As a reader, I find that there are often interesting conversations and points made in HR threads that relate specifically to particular boards, and are more useful when read in context. It would probably be helpful to have a subforum for HRs within each Game Map forum.

Whenever I think of an HR that could potentially be used across multiple boards I try to post that idea in the House Rules forum, but when the substance of the post is about a specific game I usually post in the forum designated for the specific game. The logic being that more people who have experience with the board in question will likely read and provide feedback for it. Especially since some of these games have been out for a while now. Rules for AA50 or Revised or Classic for example, will just be buried in the HR forum by the newer G40 house rules.

Also not quite related but the Europe and Pacific 1940 still say “to be released” when the boards have been out for years. Some mod should fix that :-D

• Good point. I hated having my House Rules moved out of the game forum and into the cauldron with all the other game systems.

A good 1914 tech thread got moved out of 1914 and buried in the HR board. No hope for specific house rules to survive in there.

The House Rules forum should be for HEAVY modifications of the games. Like a Cold War game on the global map, or a 1942 game that incorporates supply or Italy and China as powers.
    But a simpler house rule for something like 1914 like “maybe india should have a build cap” should stay in the 1914 board.

• He has been a long time member of this forum and his knowledge is top notch…Put him back into the West Wing!!

• I don’t need any title, just the options to move threads to where they belong and fight spammers.

That way nobody can blame me for editing or removing threads since that power would not be possible.

I could also directly appoint customizers.

I think we could have child forums for each game for house rules, rather than an “everything and everygame in one section”  It would be alot of work moving everything, but it should be done and im willing to do it.

• All Hail the Imperious Leader!!  May he reign supreme!!

• Sponsor

Funny how those voting no won’t share their beef with IL.

I say, if your problem with IL is personal… than don’t vote, if it’s professional… than state your case.

• @Imperious:

“child forums for each game for house rules”

• Yes child boards for all global games. Games like d-day or what should just stay in house section.

I would also prefer to have ability to sticky topics. Sometimes my messages to this end take too long to get done.

• Sponsor

@Imperious:

Yes child boards for all global games. Games like d-day or what should just stay in house section.

I would also prefer to have ability to sticky topics. Sometimes my messages to this end take too long to get done.

Yes, this forum is old and dusty, it’s embarrassing if you think about it…

Why does a thread about bad dice get sticky status, I could show you a hundred threads way more significant that are buried in the past.

Where the heck is SehxualPanda? I’ve been PMing him for over a year asking him to correct the errors in his NO cards. Now I look at them and they’re so dated, I don’t care if he fixes them or not. Why does his old and flawed customizations get sticky status? Bob Mickilson’s charts are a thousand times better and you might find them on page 28 or 29 or something.

As customizers, we have better G40 maps than the one available in the sticky thread, or we can make one with lots of great info on it, like unit silhouettes showing the setup.

What is here for the Newbies??? They come here and are intimidated from all the hard core talk. Why don’t we have sticky threads that show them this great game in an inviting way, like better custom accessories and convenient links to youtube tutorials.

If it weren’t for the hard working rule deputies and Kreighund in the FAQ thread… this forum would be a mess.

Now I don’t know what kinda political crap happened that stripped IL of his status, but were not asking for him to have all the powers of a moderator, just a member who can move around some stuff for us.

I don’t think people realize just how awesome this forum could be if the powers that be would show a little passion for what they do.

I should try to get suspended just to see if someone out there is actually logging on…

Gorrilla Guy???
    DarthMaximus???
    dezrtfish???
    djensen???

Where art thou?

• '17 '16

Even this thread isn’t at is due place (Website/Forum Discussion)!!!  :-D
    Who and when will this change happen? Any bet?

It takes a lot of dedication and passion doing such a benevolent work.

This Forum shouldn’t forbid people willing and able to do this kind of hard work and time consuming clean up.

Nice initiative YG!

• '14 Customizer

You bring up an excellent point YG.  When I visited this forum back in December I was looking all over for a map to print out.  The one that is stickied was horrible so I found one that was a little better and started editing it.  I was so happy that after messaging you that you were able to point me in the direction of the post that had Ambilzi  and your custom map.  I probably still would be editing the map I had before if I would not have messaged you.

• @Imperious:

I don’t need any title, just the options to move threads to where they belong and fight spammers.

That way nobody can blame me for editing or removing threads since that power would not be possible.

I could also directly appoint customizers.

I think we could have child forums for each game for house rules, rather than an "everything and everygame in one section"  It would be alot of work moving everything, but it should be done and im willing to do it.

You got my vote IL.
    I would love to see you in your enviroment, where you feel the most comfortable with!

• To be honest, I kinda ignored this thread in the beginning because I had mixed feelings about it. I wasn’t one of those that voted no w/o explanation though, just needed time to take it all in. IL does a great job with the normal moderation, but the extracurricular activity, and abusive behavior went over the top some times to where the moderator(s) needed a moderator. We have all seen it in one way or another as bystanders, been victim of it, or have contributed to it in some way (right or wrong). Just hope that we can get past that, and we all curb such things in the future. Maybe we need a “safe word” for when things go sideways lol

After much thought, I voted yes for IL to be reinstated, but as pointed out (by IL himself) it should have limited access. There’s a lot of work to be done cleaning things up (which has been missed), and he seems willing to put in the effort need to do so. We need some sub groups or sticky’s for sure. IL does some great things for the community with his downloads and maps. I say we give him another shot to do more, but with a bit less.

• Sponsor

@WILD:

To be honest, I kinda ignored this thread in the beginning because I had mixed feelings about it. I wasn’t one of those that voted no w/o explanation though, just needed time to take it all in. IL does a great job with the normal moderation, but the extracurricular activity, and abusive behavior went over the top some times to where the moderator(s) needed a moderator. We have all seen it in one way or another as bystanders, been victim of it, or have contributed to it in some way (right or wrong). Just hope that we can get past that, and we all curb such things in the future. Maybe we need a “safe word” for when things go sideways lol

After much thought, I voted yes for IL to be reinstated, but as pointed out (by IL himself) it should have limited access. There’s a lot of work to be done cleaning things up (which has been missed), and he seems willing to put in the effort need to do so. We need some sub groups or sticky’s for sure. IL does some great things for the community with his downloads and maps. I say we give him another shot to do more, but with a bit less.

Very well said Wild Bill, and speaking for myself… I have been less than respectful in the past (toward mantlefan, and RedHarvest)  and even most recently (toward the moderators). As a veteran on the site, I know that I need to display more maturity and respect within this community.

• Customizer

I have no beef with IL whatsoever. However I have seen battles fought here more than once and advise caution in granting ANYONE too much power. However a “Deputy Moderator” would suit just fine as I believe IL has suggested himself. IL has done a tremendous amount of work for this site and I believe he could do some good things for the board.

An aside note IL did us a great service and did some excellent work awarding customizer badges. I have seen several who have done excellent work customizing their games and pieces. I believe it would be nice to award those members as such.

• Well he did ban me one time for a while for supposedly being a sock puppet. He accused me, my twin brother (we were about 13 years old) and proud american of being the same person and all this stuff. I got really ticked at him for a long time. That being said, i dont care if he moves stuff around and all. Just dont wrongly accuse people of being sock puppets. Im older now, and i hold no issues with him anymore, just dont let him ban people.

What political stuff happened though? I have been lurking for a while and was absent for a couple of years though. I wonder why everybody disappeared.

• I think i remember that, but you may remember you both were using the same IP address ( i forgot the name of the other account).

You told me you both use the same computer or something. Im sorry for that, but at that time the site did have lots of problems with spam accounts. I Regrettably over reacted in defense of what seemed like a shenanigan.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m