• Read the new rules twice. We really looking forward to playing again.  A few of the rule changes are DRASTIC but I need to play a few times to see how it works. It looks like the Axis don’t stand much of a chance now that Russia starts out with an extra 140 IPC’s of units/IPC’s but we need to play to confirm.

One question - Japan has to use their sneak attack BEFORE turn 3? Is this a typo? Did you mean AFTER turn 3? or BEFORE turn 13? Turn 2 isn’t even mid 1940 let alone late 1941! Please clarify so we can play this tomorrow! Japan using their sneak attack before Germany/Italy even at war with Russia doesn’t make much sense so we just wanted to double check.

Thanks!

• I’m assuming Minor axis can’t build tiger tanks until turn 3 also?

• Are non-combat moves for german navy allowed in second impulse of “blitzkrieg” e.g. First impulse you use the german transport for attacking norway and in second impulse you use the transport for aktivating Finnland?!
    Or is the second impulse only for German land and air units (Finnish troops???)

• German naval units excluded on 2nd impulse.

• @SS:

German naval units excluded on 2nd impulse.

The rules say it is just combat, did tiger or someone say that it was the entire second impulse?

• Combat moves only.

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

The allies will be landing in Europe quite soon methinks.

Japan is going to feel the heat as well. The Chinese will be able to place six units per territory, Soviets hugely strengthened in the east, ANZAC and FEC permitted major ICs on Sydney and Calcutta. Nowhere will be safe for the Axis.

I’m up to bad this time as Germany and Japan (got a puppet running Italy). I’m going to run through this and start working out my strategy this week before I get home from work. I don’t think just sitting down and figuring this out on the fly will work out.

The boys have worked out a doozie for us to figure out that’s for sure.

What dya think SS? Get building those Tigers and SS units ASAP? I’m seeing lot’s of SS panzergrenadiers/arty combos as well as SS infantry a la HBG rules.

Japan will be sticking to big navy and infantry builds.

Italy, um, well, we’ll see.

• We cant play until we have the official fixes on 7.0. When do the special units arrive? When does Japan have to use their sneak attack? etc. Sheets say one thing, rules say another.

Are you going to fix these again?

• Can the axis land lease  :x  LOL  Buy all SS units. Why do I like the sound of that.
    Germany going to need alot of Vichy and hope Russia and US have very low die rolls for income.

They get high rolls early they can also land lease.
    Funny, last game we played the last 4 tries for land lease ( 20 icp’s each turn ) was destroyed. We got are A$$es kicked.

Cairo got more support.
    The upgrade to major factories in Anzac and India has to do with The Halifax rule maybe.
    I’d upgrade those on first turn.

I just scanned rules but it looks like a new rule for allies victory at end of turn 10. Maybe these rule upgrades are for a shorter game for Allies victory.

Sorry just blabbin.

Yeah, the lend lease thing never works out for me either. I just gave up on it and put the money toward building a big US fleet with marines and armour.

The more I’m looking at this, the more I’m thinking the Axis player will have the opportunity to replay all those “glorious” fighting retreat (Germans) and (mass) death with honour (Japanese) battles we’ve read about. And if the rolls go as you’ve said, those battles will happen sooner rather than later.

80 IPC USSR starting IPC!!! Can you say “Gotterdammerung”?

I’m strongly considering foregoing the sneak attack in favour of keeping the US out just a little longer. The 35 IPC boost may not be worth it. We’ll see.

You know, since I’ve been playing this game I’ve never used a kamikaze. It’s looking like that is going to change.

How am I going to subdue China,  deal with the commonwealth and a USSR on steroids? Used to be, even in old school A and A, if one Axis country was weak the other would be strong enough to help out. Now it’s looking like they’ll all be fighting for their lives very soon.

This is going to require a significant rethink.

• I think we need them to fix the mistakes on 7.0 before we can make any judgments. At this point it’s hard to make any conclusions. They just got pressured into hurrying to post the new rules without proofreading. It’s partially all of our faults for pushing them to fix the rules.

Yep, I hear ya Bill. I just hope they have it clarified by time I get home to play. As it stands I’m preparing for the worst case Axis scenario.

• Well, for what it’s worth, the Axis were overpowered in 6.1.  I pretty much always saw axis victory.  7.0 does, however, look like it needs more fine tuning.  I can’t say for sure though.  I can’t ever get a good game going…  I like alot of the changes, but not all of them, obviously.  I could see the Russians starting with about 35 IPC’s and starting from 0 (like it is right now) for their income progression.  No complaints about the setup,  but again, I can’t test it.

Yes, the balance was a bit off. Now we wait and see if the pendulum has swung too far the other way. The others in the group I play with are already reviewing the rules and plotting. I hope the Russia 80 IPC start is a mistake. If not….

• @koba:

Yes, the balance was a bit off. Now we wait and see if the pendulum has swung too far the other way. The others in the group I play with are already reviewing the rules and plotting. I hope the Russia 80 IPC start is a mistake. If not….

80 ipcs?

• Nvm, I just saw the new setup

• I have a question. with Russia and the U.S having a start amount and then having to roll two dice each round til they reach full production or attacked. Do they only get that amount to spend til they are at war ?  or do you only collect what you roll and have for you production amount at the end of each round adding to whatever if any starting IPC?

• As per the example on page 26 of the v7.0 rules each nation rolls each turn adding the results together.

To repeat the example

Turn 1 - Russia roll an 8 off 2d12. Collects 8 IPC for turn 1
    Turn 2 - Russia rolls a 10. Collects 18 IPC. (8 from turn 1 + 10)
    Turn 3 - Russia rolls a 5. Collects 23 (8 + 10 + 5)

If the Russian did not spend any of these IPC he would have 49 IPC to spend on turn 4.

I would like to point out a flaw in the wording of this rule though.

“Starting on Turn 1, Russia will roll 2D12 at the end of each turn to determine its income level…” - v7.0 Global War pg 26

This should read (in my opinion)

“Starting on Turn 1, Russia will roll 2D12 at the start of the Collect Income phase to determine its income level…”

The example makes clear when to do the roll and can be inferred from the original wording but the second seems more clear. (Again in my opinion)

• sorry didn’t noticed the example in the rules til you point it out thanks.

• As you probably seen US starts at 0 and rolls 2 d12’s also on first turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m